Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd short shifter

peusdeus

Reaction score
Just installed it! Im loving how much less throw it is between gears but wth is up with reverse? Its so hard to engage. Anyone else having this problem?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I noticed switching to redline mt-90 transmission fluid helps. Mine isn't too bad I just slap it over to reverse. I think It's a common thing with the short shifter to be a little more difficult to put in reverse

justin13703

Reaction score
Anytime you shorten the throw it will make it harder to get into reverse. Basically makes the spring act like its stiffer. It's not bad with just the URD short throw. I have that and a coupe solid 8.5 inch shifter and you have to give it a good slap to get it in reverse.

Coupe

Reaction score
If you "slap" the shifter while putting it into reverse, it will be much easier.

It may take a day or two to get the rhythm down.

bluuge

Reaction score
If you "slap" the shifter while putting it into reverse, it will be much easier. It may take a day or two to get the rhythm down.

Just like coupe said.

I took my truck to get detailed this past weekend and it was comical watching them trying to get it in reverse! :p

peusdeus

Reaction score
Slap Shift

LOL thats what I've been doing. I guess its not so bad..... Thanks!

Coupe

Reaction score
What's the coupe mod I keep hearing about?

The factory shifter has some internal rubber bushing that wear out over time. I cut the shifter apart and remove these.

Then I reduce the length of the shifter from about 11" to either 8 1/2" or 9 1/2".

When I remove the rubber bushings, I replace them with a polyurethane epoxy. It makes for a crisp firm shift. While it works by itself. It works better when used with an URD short shifter.

Top Bottom