Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for guidance- Headers

raziug

Reaction score
I have had a set of Doug Thorley Long Tube headers sitting in the box in my garage for a couple of months now and i've been debating putting them on or not. Obviously i want more power out of my truck, (which is why i bought them) but i've fallen in love with the way my truck currently sounds with just an intake and exhaust. Im scared to put them on just because i don't want to lose that sound my truck currently has.

So heres the question, do I put the long tubes on and them try messing with adding a resonator or second muffler,
or do i buy a set of the short tube headers and keep all my cats?
Any advice or info on previous experience is greatly appreciated!

currently got a URD TCAI, and a Magnaflow Catback exhaust system

Gadget

Reaction score
It should still sound fine if you keep the stock Y pipe.

Put them on!!

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stop wasting performance. Dooo it already!

shane881510

Reaction score
If u are considering buying something differnt. I'd go with the urd equal length headers. Much better sound and perfromance.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
The X sounded just great after I had installed the DTLT with the OEM exhaust with the OEM "Y" pipe and even better after the (used) JBA free flow one. Now I have the new URD design(tks to Gadget) that I won at the X-Fest east. It sound really good

raziug

Reaction score
Alright all, thanks for the input I'm gonna put them on as soon as I can find someone to install.

Anyone know of someone in LA county that can do this For a reasonable price, I'll even help if I have to lol

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Do you have new set of manifold gasket, crush gasket for the collector, extensions for the top O2s and you can weld a bung to relocate the bottom O2s or the simulator for them. You may have difficulty removing the O2s from the manifold. Have fun, they will make a difference in a good way.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
if you put the long tubes on you won't hear the intake anymore. after all the work done on my truck i still think the stock exhaust with an intake is just as nice as my exhaust now. just adding the long tubes also dosn't do much at all for performance. i definitely noticed more power from the intake than the headers did

The EX

Reaction score
Anyone have dyno comparison access with all te different header manufacturers for our trucks?

giox

Reaction score
if you want the maf cal.. im your man got one for sale

Top Bottom