Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tuning 2012 X

RRXrunner12

Reaction score
I know this was brought up a while back but I am still wondering is anyone currently using the Bully Dog for tuning?

Blue10XR

Reaction score
I know this was brought up a while back but I am still wondering is anyone currently using the Bully Dog for tuning?
I am using the Unichip. It is a learning curve but I have it running half decent for now with the large 80lb injectors. Time will tell how much better I can dial it in. I know most will say the Unichip is caca but it seems to do what you tell it to. I just don't know enough about tuning to get it dialed in quickly. Hopefully I don't hurt the engine while I learn. Once I get the confidence up and feel its running right it will be time to bolt th eturbo up and dial that in....stay tuned.

I am trying not to let the magic smoke out!!

Gadget

Reaction score
Bully Dog is not tuning. That is loading a pre-canned file. It was right on for the truck it was developed on. You cannot do any custom tuning with it. For some this is all they want.

What you may want to look at is the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator. For the money it is a great value. URD has maps that can be preloaded for many combinations. You can also do your own custom tuning if you want. It is on sale for $210.

If you want to move up from there, we have the MAP-ECU3. It is a very feature rich tuning device that is very easy to work with.

G

RRXrunner12

Reaction score
the issues i am having is I keep getting a check engine light for banks 1 and 2 to rich. When I am at WOT my a/f gauge is reading 10. Will the URD Maf Sensor Calibrator help out with that?

Gadget

Reaction score
You won't get a rich code at full throttle.

What is you complete list of modifications?

G

RRXrunner12

Reaction score
Not getting it at full throttle just getting codes while normal driving.
Mods are. Trd s/c with 2.85 pulley, doug thorley long tube, trd intake.

Gadget

Reaction score
Which TRD intake do you have?

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
Bully Dog is not tuning. That is loading a pre-canned file. It was right on for the truck it was developed on. You cannot do any custom tuning with it. For some this is all they want.

What you may want to look at is the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator. For the money it is a great value. URD has maps that can be preloaded for many combinations. You can also do your own custom tuning if you want. It is on sale for $210.

If you want to move up from there, we have the MAP-ECU3. It is a very feature rich tuning device that is very easy to work with.

G

I got my Maf Cal with the the basic map, would you be able to send me a new map for my mods, G?
URD TCAI, JBA LTH, URD Y Pipe, URD MKIII exhaust, NST crank pulley, 76mm TB.

Gadget

Reaction score
Email Tech Support with your request and let us know what map you already have.

G

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
You should get a afr gauges to really see what's going on with your motor

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
But I would get the URD MAF CAL it'll work great with your mods

Top Bottom