Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trd sc with k&n intake

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I just installed a k&n intake on my 2015 sc xrunner and the night I installed it I did 2 runs and it was fine. But the next day (yesterday) I did couple runs 1-4 gears and every time I shift into 3rd it lags.. It feels like my clutch is slipping but I know it's not and it only happen in 3rd gear. I was thinking maybe my ECU is still trying to learn the new mod set up with the intake. And ideas what it could be? Any help is appreciated

Reaction score
a loss of hp from the k&n.... should have got a cold air intake, not an aircharger...

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
He's asking a question and everyone is telling him what he should've bought. How about giving him some advice or help.

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
Have u tried checking the filter to make sure it's not defective ?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
What is your A/f ratio? Do you just have a reflashed ecru or ?

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Have u tried checking the filter to make sure it's not defective ?

Thanks yea I honestly like the open filter styler better.. Which I have in all my cars. It does have a heat shield.. But the filter physically looks good to me.. It's just weird that it only happens in 3rd gear

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I have the 63 series on mine and i know what your talking about i think. It feels like a loss of power. I know my air fuel dips rich when this happens like its getting bogged down. Maybe try cleaning the maf sensor and throttle body. K&N over oils there filters i think and can make those sensors really dirty

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
What is your A/f ratio? Do you just have a reflashed ecru or ?

I don't have an a/f ratio gauge. I do have the reflash ecu. I did disconnect my battery when I installed the intake. I also have an exhaust system which I had before it was boosted tho.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I have the 63 series on mine and i know what your talking about i think. It feels like a loss of power. I know my air fuel dips rich when this happens like its getting bogged down. Maybe try cleaning the maf sensor and throttle body. K&N over oils there filters i think and can make those sensors really dirty

I'll try take a look at those, thanks! It just doesn't add up because it only happens when I shift into 3rd. I don't want that to happen when I'm racing lol. The k&n does feel good top end on the other gears tho!

TRON

Reaction score
I'll try take a look at those, thanks! It just doesn't add up because it only happens when I shift into 3rd. I don't want that to happen when I'm racing lol. The k&n does feel good top end on the other gears tho!

I would temporarily install the factory intake back on and experiment to see if 3rd gear blogs down as well. If the MAF sensor is dirty it wouldn't only be resulting in 3rd gear. An afr and boost gauge would be helpful for trouble shooting as well

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I would temporarily install the factory intake back on and experiment to see if 3rd gear blogs down as well. If the MAF sensor is dirty it wouldn't only be resulting in 3rd gear. An afr and boost gauge would be helpful for trouble shooting as well

Yea things just don't add up but I plan to install afr later down the road. Thanks for your input

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
So earlier today I did a small run which I did feel the bog but I just came back with multiple runs 2-3 first with the AC on since I had it on last night with no problems and it ran good! Tried the AC off 2-3 and no bog! Tried it from a died stop 1-3 running good so far!! I was starting to get worried but now it's all good lol

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Yea sometimes when mine does it you can watch the AFR gauge bury itself lean then it comes back rich and then it comes back to around 14 and its fine. Most of the time it doesnt do it but occasionally when i got my foot on it it will do it almost every time

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Yea sometimes when mine does it you can watch the AFR gauge bury itself lean then it comes back rich and then it comes back to around 14 and its fine. Most of the time it doesnt do it but occasionally when i got my foot on it it will do it almost every time

Yea i do still feel the lag a little. It's not as bad as it was at first tho!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a picture of the engine bay?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Great! Now are there any with some light in there?

Top Bottom