Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas - Official Chatter

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Alright guys, I know you've all seen the Las Vegas Keeping in Touch thread that was made a while back. Here is one for TX, its a good way for people to keep in touch and discuss meets all in one area. :top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Alright guys, I know you've all seen the Las Vegas Keeping in Touch thread that was made a while back. Here is one for TX, its a good way for people to keep in touch and discuss meets all in one area. :top:

Good idea.
Whats for breakfast?:laugh:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
not sure...haven't ventured to that part of the house yet. :laugh:

Anybody here into Hobby Stock racing? I'm going to be racing (hopefully this season) at the Thunderhill Raceway here in Kyle (just south of Austin). Going to have a pit crew and all. Hopefully find a car in the next couple of weeks to run, should be awesome. :rock:

morcheez

Reaction score
fock breakfast ..me and truplayboy are heading to hooters for lunch today...but no xr's will be there :frown:

trd_sport

Reaction score
maybe I'll try and install something onto the truck today.....maybe lol.

Grumpy

Reaction score
not sure...haven't ventured to that part of the house yet. :laugh:

Anybody here into Hobby Stock racing? I'm going to be racing (hopefully this season) at the Thunderhill Raceway here in Kyle (just south of Austin). Going to have a pit crew and all. Hopefully find a car in the next couple of weeks to run, should be awesome. :rock:

Never got into RC, mainly 'cause I'm a poor mofo. Sound like fun though. My XR is suck up all my money. Composite leaf & TRD brake pads on the way.:rockon:

fock breakfast ..me and truplayboy are heading to hooters for lunch today...but no xr's will be there :frown:

How's the local wings there? Are they as good as the one in H-town?

trd_sport

Reaction score
Saw a sign at hooters for their new store....reads: bigger hooters coming soon.

XrunnIT

Reaction score

Where at and what time? I might come down so I can meet you guys. :top:

Never got into RC, mainly 'cause I'm a poor mofo. Sound like fun though. My XR is suck up all my money. Composite leaf & TRD brake pads on the way.:rockon:

Hobby stock isn't RC cars.. Its track racing (dirt). We are looking to get like a late 70's to late 80's Monte Carlo to race. With Hobby Stock you have very strict rules about your race car...it has be stock, carb'd, meet all kinds of weight and length requirements.

Here is a pic of a car that we might get. :top:

dalton_car.jpg

Grumpy

Reaction score
Hobby stock isn't RC cars.. Its track racing (dirt). We are looking to get like a late 70's to late 80's Monte Carlo to race. With Hobby Stock you have very strict rules about your race car...it has be stock, carb'd, meet all kinds of weight and length requirements.

Here is a pic of a car that we might get. :top:

dalton_car.jpg
[/quote]

For some reason I miss read and thought Hobby Shack racing. :laugh:
That shat look like fun, tearing it up in a beater with like-minded peeps. Half or quarter mile oval?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Not sure yet. There is a race this saturday, so we are going to go down, watch the race and talk to some of the drivers, maybe even buy a car.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Man that looks like fun:top: Maybe after you get settled into the race season we can get a bunch of guys to roll up in x's and support you :top:

morcheez

Reaction score

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Man that looks like fun:top: Maybe after you get settled into the race season we can get a bunch of guys to roll up in x's and support you :top:

That would be so sick! I'll post up when we get things going. :top:

xrunnit not sure what time we are going...truplayboy is kinda a girl about waking up and geting his ass out of the house sometimes haha...i cant even call him yet :laugh:...http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=474&address=&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US.....

edit... just called his phone and its off...gonna call his brothers phone in like 30 minutes ...dont want to wake him up cuz his brother sucks haha

:laugh: nice, I pm'd you my cell so give me a call when you get some news. :top:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Good idea on the thread.

I've pretty much stopped modding my truck for a little while. It was time to focus on other family priorities.

I still enjoy coming on XRU and TN to catch up. Matt, you scared me with your "lost my truck" thread. P, you finally got the brakes. Good for you.

Off to Orlando for work for the week. I'll catch up with you guys later.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So I'm heading out to the San Antonio raceway tomorrow night to run the truck (finally!). Anybody interested in meeting up?

Last edited:

trd_sport

Reaction score
So I'm heading out to the San Antonio raceway tomorrow night to run the truck (finally!). Anybody interested in meeting up?
should have come out here to baytown lol..........if you dont run 13's Im never talking to you again.:eviltongue: There hasnt been a TRD s/c X in Texas yet that I know of break out of the 14's. Just me...but everyone knows I dont count:laugh:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Well if its not too hot then I should be in the 13's. :laugh:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Do you have your gauges in? Id be interested to see what boost and afr youre at.....speaking of I should do that too lol.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I have an AFR gauge that wasn't wired correctly, so its not working. Don't have a boost gauge yet.

JeffSnAusTX

Reaction score

I'll be in SA tomorrow - Fri for work. Have dinner plans with some coworkers - what time are you going? I should take the pimp a$$ Avalon rental and run it :biggrin:

Top Bottom