Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD T56 Swap Kit Feeler Thread

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Throwing this thread up to gauge interest. The kits that people currently have, are likely it, and being an individual who wants a new kit might mean a very long wait.

As far as the bell housing is concerned, if those of us that have one, damage it, there is no replacement.

So, I am interested in seeing this move forward, by a respectable vendor, this vendor, URD.

The one thing that I request to be improved over the current bell housing, is the quality of the casting. A better aluminum, better casting, or both. It could even be steel. While also adding in an inspection hole in the bottom.

Either way, something refined over the current design.

Let's hear who all would be interested in such a development. As this kit would increase the reliability of your vehicle.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Why the t56 over all the other trans in the market? If some one was to begin manufacturing a new kit , it could base off any trans that would handle the power.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I'd def be interested but just not any time right soon. Would be nice to know that there will be an option down the road as my trans will not last forever lol

butters607

Reaction score
Yea I have to say I really want one of these and it would be sometime in the future because this trans. Let's face it is junk....

Coupe

Reaction score
Well, for one you can ride on the coat tails of a proven design.

There are several of us that are running T56 or T56 Magnum transmissions. This means a lot of on the road testing and fit-ups have been determined. If you pick a new trans, you get a clean slate and get to start your engineering from scratch ( which costs time, which equates to money).

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why the t56 over all the other trans in the market? If some one was to begin manufacturing a new kit , it could base off any trans that would handle the power.

The T56 is easily rebuildable, and buildable. Mine is built for 1k HP+.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am game but not until after my wedding in June....

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to do a t56 swap, I'd be interested in this kit in the future

shane881510

Reaction score
I've been looking in to transmissios. I found a place that would do a swap kit with a 350z trans to the 1gr engine. They make the kits for 2jz engines to run the z tranny

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking in to transmissios. I found a place that would do a swap kit with a 350z trans to the 1gr engine. They make the kits for 2jz engines to run the z tranny

However helpful that info can be, this a a feels thread about interest in URD making a T56 swap kit only.

That needs its own thread outside of this URD thread.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
The T56 is easily rebuildable, and buildable. Mine is built for 1k HP+.

^ that answers my question perfect. If you build it that will come. As I would not want to put another trans in my truck that is known to fail when putting power to it or even running stock

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^ that answers my question perfect. If you build it that will come. As I would not want to put another trans in my truck that is known to fail when putting power to it or even running stock

T56 out of which vehicle are you talking about?

Reaction score
Please make this happen. My trans is grinding between 4th and 5th if I don't let the RPM's completely drop to idle.

shane881510

Reaction score
Id love to have a t56 in my truck. So much to do to make it all work together. Why can't urd just make a upgrade for our trannys. Be easyer, save a ton of work and time and money. I think more ppl would pay for a upgrade than swapping the whole tranny , drive shaft , rear gears shifter etc..

Top Bottom