Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unexpected Kill

Blasphemous

Reaction score
My buddy has a stock 2008 335i that I've been wanting to run against. Keep in mind, all I have is the TRD SC, URD Catback and AFE intake (DTLT and smaller pulley hanging out in garage, need to put those on...). So, we headed over the border to Mexico and gave it a shot.

What happened next I definitely did not expect...

I have a 4x4 Double Cab, so I was going to use this chance to launch in 4HI thinking that the traction benefit in the beginning would at least give me a chance.

We gave it a go from a dig 3 times, and once from a 40 roll.

We ran the digs up to 90-100 (or whenever he let off the gas), and I won each one by what I would consider big margins.

1st one I beat him by a car length, 2nd and 3rd time I won by 2-3 car lengths.

From the roll we were dead even up until I hit my limiter.

Afterwards, mildly confused as to how I beat him in the digs and stayed with him in the roll :hmmmm2: I looked up the stats on the car.

13.6 seconds in the 1/4 mile?! Idk if he was driving poorly (he's auto, don't see a chance really?) or there's something wrong with his car.

All in all it was fun, and even more fun for me to beat him when he was talking so much crap about me putting a SC on the taco. :rockon:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
good job on the kill, enjoy the feeling while it lasts i got murdered by a 335 turbo the other day, but deff glad to hear you put that guy in his place:rockon:

Blasphemous

Reaction score
Today I'm going to put the urd stealth pulley on. Can't wait to see the difference after that!

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
Not to bring up a possibly dead thread but this may be interesting for you. I raced my ex in her 2007 335xi from a stop. We let off at about 55mph but I had about 3/4 a car length on her at that point. She is an automatic. I have a trd double c ab with the trd supercharger and Caltrac traction bars and automatic. I was very surprised at the results as well. Great to see someone else had a similar story.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tacoma's beating on BMW's. Woot!

lamia2super

Reaction score
nice kill i have both a 335i and a xrunner. 335i have lots of torque and no lsd, however I'm pretty confident i could beat a stock 335i in my truck and maybe even a tune which I've been trying to find.

stock they only make like 270whp and weigh around 3800lbs so by those number we should be able to beat them. with just a tune they can easily make 85-100whp more if they want to run e85 or meth injection. in my truck i ran 2 buddies that have a tune, e85, some bolts and i couldn't keep up with them at all from a roll. both of them had some different mods but they were around 400+whp. also that engine has been holding a few 800+whp cars with just a single turbo swap

Blasphemous

Reaction score
I haven't been on this site in about a year, funny to see that this has resurfaced.

I still have the DTLT headers and smaller pulley sitting in my garage, gotta get on that... :ahhhhh:

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
Glad to see some responses on this topic. I find it interesting. Though I must say we did a roll from 70 and before my transmission had even downshifted, she was already 2 car lengths away.

Blasphemous

Reaction score
Glad to see some responses on this topic. I find it interesting. Though I must say we did a roll from 70 and before my transmission had even downshifted, she was already 2 car lengths away.

With the auto trans I feel that we have a significant advantage on the street. That combined with launching in 4x4 gives you some pretty quick 0-60 times.

I imagine from a roll at 70+ it would be a much different story. As noted by your experience.

rennurx

Reaction score
Raced an m3 and he pulled up next to me at the light and said he's never had a truck beat him before, I just said I get that a lot lol..

lamia2super

Reaction score
Raced an m3 and he pulled up next to me at the light and said he's never had a truck beat him before, I just said I get that a lot lol..

nice. the v8 m3 lose every time to a 335i with a tune

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Guess you don't get that anymore huh? :crinklehair:

rennurx

Reaction score
Guess you don't get that anymore huh? :crinklehair:

No its even better when I beat them now.. Bought a new daily to keep me entertained while I collect parts for the miata. Picked it up for $900 and it walks my gf gti and I just ordered 3k worth a parts should run 11's.. Lmao..

blaxrunner

Reaction score
I haven't been on this site in about a year, funny to see that this has resurfaced.

I still have the DTLT headers and smaller pulley sitting in my garage, gotta get on that... :ahhhhh:

congrats on the win last year :top:

I just can't help to wonder how much more you would have beat him by if you had installed your smaller pulley and DTLT :biggrin:

Blasphemous

Reaction score
congrats on the win last year :top:

I just can't help to wonder how much more you would have beat him by if you had installed your smaller pulley and DTLT :biggrin:

I just had the DTLT and smaller pulley installed on Saturday. It made a huge difference for me. Still running really rich during WOT... 9.8-10.2 AFR.

Top Bottom