Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New 2012 X-Owner - Bay Area, CA

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Hey ya'll

New to this forum, but not the performance or modified car scene. I am the second owner of an X-Runner I bought of a good buddy of mine this past June as a replacement for my aging Subaru Outback. I know he has an account on here, just no idea what it is :lol:

The car is a 100% dead bone stock Black 2012 X-Runner with ~36,000 miles. Primary use for the car will be daily driver and utility duties. I plan to keep the car 100% stock. I have enough project cars (current ones are Dodge Stealth TT and Toyota Alltrac) and needed something reliable, but still cool and non-boring.

I plan to keep the car for a very long time, so I am here to learn more about the community and the platform. I would post some pictures, but apparently I need a higher post count for that. In due time I guess. Cheers!

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Welcome to the family! Post pics when on get a chance, especially of the Stealth!!!!!

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Will do once I get up to 10 posts Haha or at least that's what the warning I am getting

Ziggy297

Reaction score
Welcome! It is hard to not get bit by the mod bug once you own one! It all starts here!

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Thank you thank you!

I live in Walnut Creek...about 25 miles outside SF. And while I agree about the mod bug, I have other cars for that. I don't want another project money pit Haha The farthest I might go is STS, sways and brake upgrades.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Thank you thank you!

I live in Walnut Creek...about 25 miles outside SF. And while I agree about the mod bug, I have other cars for that. I don't want another project money pit Haha The farthest I might go is STS, sways and brake upgrades.

There you go, it's already starting to fester, Happy Modding!

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
There you go, it's already starting to fester, Happy Modding!

Hahaha Fair enough. You got me there. Perhaps I should have clarified that after some of my previous projects, there is a distinction between basic "upgrades" and true "modifications"?

Since I won't be doing custom conversions, roll cages, built engines, pumpkin sized turbos, suspension geometry changes, etc...and only swapping bulbs, brake pads and sway bars...it might as well be dead bone stock to me :rofl: But you never know, I have said the same darn thing about all my prior cars :ahhhhh:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Hahaha Fair enough. You got me there. Perhaps I should have clarified that after some of my previous projects, there is a distinction between basic "upgrades" and true "modifications"?

Since I won't be doing custom conversions, roll cages, built engines, pumpkin sized turbos, suspension geometry changes, etc...and only swapping bulbs, brake pads and sway bars...it might as well be dead bone stock to me :rofl: But you never know, I have said the same darn thing about all my prior cars :ahhhhh:

At least your honest with yourself, a true car enthusiasts can't keep a vehicle stock, that's unheard-of, got to at least improve upon OEM platform, it's our human nature never if it's only a few slight modifications!

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
At least your honest with yourself, a true car enthusiasts can't keep a vehicle stock, that's unheard-of, got to at least improve upon OEM platform, it's our human nature never if it's only a few slight modifications!

Yeah, I will agree there. I don't think I own anything that's 100% OEM.

At least it won't be for a little while...as much as I hate car loans, I had to take one out for the XR. Any extra disposable funds funds are going towards paying off that debt.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU, the problem is you want to keep it stock but then these guys on here always have part outs and their usually prices you do not want to miss out on and then bam, you just dropped some cheese here, and more there and before you know it theres no turning back!

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU, the problem is you want to keep it stock but then these guys on here always have part outs and their usually prices you do not want to miss out on and then bam, you just dropped some cheese here, and more there and before you know it theres no turning back!

Thanks for the welcome! I cannot disagree with such a statement Hahaha Been there and done that plenty with past project cars...However, this is my daily driver, so it needs to stay reliable and on the road :laugh: Buuuuut if the budget and parts make sense, I am sure I will make exceptions.

madtrucker

Reaction score
trd is oem, yah. Just a few goodies. sc, cai, ss. Nothing fancy. Stock dd.

Ziggy297

Reaction score
Would your truck happened to have been on highway 4, taking the cloverleaf on to 680 toward concord last week around 4-4:30PM?

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Do you remember if the truck had hella stickers on the rear cab window and one one the bumper (previous owner)?

I have been out of town for work since last Monday, so I hope it wasn't mine! :laugh: But I generally do drive that area a lot, so it could have been me if it is before last Monday.

Ziggy297

Reaction score
I couldnt tell, I was getting on 4 from 680 and saw the x heading toward me as I was heading up the ramp to get on 4 toward Antioch. This one is mine,

image.jpg
[/URL]

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Hmmm I don't remember seeing you, I am pretty certain would have. I will be on a look out now!

So either it was another X-Runner or my roommate decided to borrow mine without asking for effing permission (bastard done that before when his cars broke down)...

Top Bottom