Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Balljoints to get for DJM?

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
Wondering if I should buy new OEM balljoints or Moog Balljoints for the upper and lower control arms.

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
Just did this u can't buy oem ala cart. U have to buy entire control arm roughly about $700 per side. Just go to advance auto and get moog. They Come w a lifetime warranty and only about $200 for all 4

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
Just did this u can't buy oem ala cart. U have to buy entire control arm roughly about $700 per side. Just go to advance auto and get moog. They Come w a lifetime warranty and only about $200 for all 4

What about this site
http://www.rockauto.com/
Its a catalog so Toyota>Tacoma>2013>4.0L V6>Suspension>Balljoints
I don't know if its legit, but theres moog balljoints ranging $20-$30 each?

Hard Taco

Reaction score
I just used a local auto store because if I had an issue I could replace them quickly without having to wait for the parts to be mailed

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The moog "Problem solver" ball joints have a junky outer cover/seal. The grease can come right out. The Raybestos brand are very nice with their urethane cover which it wire banded on, and greasable.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the Moog K80827 and K80811 from Rock Auto. No problems here.

Hard Taco

Reaction score
The moog "Problem solver" ball joints have a junky outer cover/seal. The grease can come right out. The Raybestos brand are very nice with their urethane cover which it wire banded on, and greasable.

Yeah your right. My moog uppers were a bitch to get the covers on

xrunrob

Reaction score
I bought a whole kit off eBay. They where cheap price wise but built great. And grease able. Been on the truck for almost 2.5 years or more and no problems at all.

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
I bought a whole kit off eBay. They where cheap price wise but built great. And grease able. Been on the truck for almost 2.5 years or more and no problems at all.

Did it come with moog ball joints?

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
Whats the whole set price for Moog Ball Joints on RockAuto? Confused to buy, because is it $25-$30 each ball joint, so that would mean I'm paying around $150 I guess for all balljoints, including shipping.

Hard Taco

Reaction score
Whats the whole set price for Moog Ball Joints on RockAuto? Confused to buy, because is it $25-$30 each ball joint, so that would mean I'm paying around $150 I guess for all balljoints, including shipping.

I paid $180 for all 4. I got locally like I said in case I had an issue I could get it warranted ASAP

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
I paid $180 for all 4. I got locally like I said in case I had an issue I could get it warranted ASAP

I'm gonna have to call napa or o'reilly tomorrow, cause they said they didnt have, but it's probably the year of the vehicle and x-runner, because they said it wasn't available.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah your right. My moog uppers were a bitch to get the covers on

I have a trick for getting the boots on. Super easy. Take the boot to Lowes and buy yourself a PVC pipe adapter or T-fitting that the boot fits snuggly inside.

(Not our truck but same concept)
5483653331_41477d079c_z.jpg

I think I got a 1" piece but it's been 2 years so I'm not positive. Put the boot inside the pipe and put that down on the ball joint that was pressed into your A arms. Give the piece of pipe, now sitting on the ball joint, a slight whack or two with a mallet and it should go right on. Probably didn't take me more than 15 minutes to get mine put on and that was with some testing of different pipe pieces.

5484251888_507951b592_z.jpg

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
I have a trick for getting the boots on. Super easy. Take the boot to Lowes and buy yourself a PVC pipe adapter or T-fitting that the boot fits snuggly inside.

(Not our truck but same concept)
5483653331_41477d079c_z.jpg

I think I got a 1" piece but it's been 2 years so I'm not positive. Put the boot inside the pipe and put that down on the ball joint that was pressed into your A arms. Give the piece of pipe, now sitting on the ball joint, a slight whack or two with a mallet and it should go right on. Probably didn't take me more than 15 minutes to get mine put on and that was with some testing of different pipe pieces.

5484251888_507951b592_z.jpg

KK Thanks man, but I'm gonna get my balljoints pressed in at a local shop, although thanks for the reply when I PM you.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KK Thanks man, but I'm gonna get my balljoints pressed in at a local shop, although thanks for the reply when I PM you.

You'll still have to put the boots on if you get the ball joints pressed in at a shop. All the shop will do is put the metal ball joint into the A arm.

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
You'll still have to put the boots on if you get the ball joints pressed in at a shop. All the shop will do is put the metal ball joint into the A arm.

Oh ok thanks for the heads up :top:

Top Bottom