Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOTICE Unauthorized access to user accounts

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had a rash of attempts from foreign IP addresses (primarily China) to hack into user accounts. My recommendation is that you update your password and use a random series of characters, letters and symbols to ensure that your account is secure. You can google Random Password Generator and find plenty of resources or use a service to assist with your passwords like LastPass or 1Password. XRU will automatically notify you if someone has attempted to hack your account but I recommend updating passwords immediately if you haven't already.

If you have any questions please just post here or email webmaster@xr-underground.com.

Attachments

• notice.png
    notice.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 711

Gadget

Reaction score
Any clue as to what they are trying to accomplish by doing this? It is not like there is credit card info or and industrial secrets here. All info here is available publicly. Makes no sense to put such and effort into cracking into this site unless it is being used as a training ground.

G

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Any clue as to what they are trying to accomplish by doing this? It is not like there is credit card info or and industrial secrets here. All info here is available publicly. Makes no sense to put such and effort into cracking into this site unless it is being used as a training ground.

G

Exactly what I was wondering, I guess my private messages aren't public but by no means will they uncover any secrets.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Now we can post what we are REALLY thinking and blame it on China! :laugh:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Just don't buy any junk from China, keep the work at home.

MrX-runner

Reaction score
I always check & trying not to buy any products Made in China.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
So basically, don't buy anything off of Ebay :dontknow:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

G

Best I can guess is that they are trying to use it for link spamming. Most hackers don't want to do anything too criminal so they'll make money in underhanded ways like cracking accounts and linking profiles or posts back to viable websites. You do this 100,000 times and it artificially boosts the Google PageRank for the site making it come up first due to credible link-backs even though the site is bogus - or may be legitimate but is artificially boosting sales.

sonic555u

Reaction score
I do the same I try not to buy china made stuff but I do buy korean or japanese products from time to time. I just wish more things were made in the USA the greatest country in the world, just like in the old days.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Maybe they want to learn how to build a Chinese X-Runner:hmmmm2:

Wizard

Reaction score
These bastards tried to log into my account at 4 a.m. They failed.

My XR notification said that the person trying to log into my account has the following IP address: 202.44.228.35

TripleThreat

Reaction score
We have had a rash of attempts from foreign IP addresses (primarily China) to hack into user accounts. My recommendation is that you update your password and use a random series of characters, letters and symbols to ensure that your account is secure. You can google Random Password Generator and find plenty of resources or use a service to assist with your passwords like LastPass or 1Password. XRU will automatically notify you if someone has attempted to hack your account but I recommend updating passwords immediately if you haven't already.

If you have any questions please just post here or email webmaster@xr-underground.com.

I understand that you know there is an issue but I hav'nt had them figure out my password but I have been locked out of my account since they keep using 15 passwords attempts I think its funny I get payed 4 thousand a paycheck to do IT work and I can't figure out why IP address: 120.198.243.78 is trying to open our XRU accounts haha well I least I have your IP adress punk i'll be the better man and leave you alone :laugh:

justin13703

Reaction score
I understand that you know there is an issue but I hav'nt had them figure out my password but I have been locked out of my account since they keep using 15 passwords attempts I think its funny I get payed 4 thousand a paycheck to do IT work and I can't figure out why IP address: 120.198.243.78 is trying to open our XRU accounts haha well I least I have your IP adress punk i'll be the better man and leave you alone :laugh:

If you really are that good, don't be the better man. Being the better man is overrated.

Reaction score
If they want to hack into anyone's account, they can have my account. I really don't care if they hack into my account. Just as long as NSA stays out of my account, I don't care who gets into my account. All you Chinese people, hack me first.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You are a strange individual. Lol

justin13703

Reaction score
If they want to hack into anyone's account, they can have my account. I really don't care if they hack into my account. Just as long as NSA stays out of my account, I don't care who gets into my account. All you Chinese people, hack me first.

If they do that all they're gonna do is post spam all over the site from your name and get you banned so that doesn't make a whole lotta sense lol

Reaction score
Shouldn't the thread be called "unauthorized access"? I actually got an email saying someone had tried to access my account. Specifically a "Failed Login Notification on XR-Underground" email.

Top Bottom