Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone Recognize this X-runner?

wetzelgw

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum as I am considering purchasing an X-runner. I currently have an RSX Type-S and a Honda Ridgeline, but I have always liked the X-runner and think it might be a good way to consolidate down to one vehicle.

Anyway, I found this '07 X-runner (link below) close enough to my area and am interested in it. It has several mods though (including URD SC), and it's at a stealership, so I'd like to track down the previous owner and see what the actual history is on it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

update: apparently I can't post links b/c I don't have 10 posts. The XR is posted on autotrader in Morton, IL (zip 61550)

Large

Reaction score
Looks like a URD blower, 63k miles, speedway blue? This the one? Also from the writing on the windshield I would say it's a repo, just a guess.

wetzelgw

Reaction score
That's the one. Carfax doesn't indicate that it was a repo, but I'm not sure that it would.

wetzelgw

Reaction score
I spoke w/ the salesman on the phone yesterday...they want basically $16k. I guess they just got it in, so he said it was still due to go through the ready-to-sell detailing

Large

Reaction score
I spoke w/ the salesman on the phone yesterday...they want basically $16k. I guess they just got it in, so he said it was still due to go through the ready-to-sell detailing

Seems like they would do all the leg work BEFORE posting it for sale. I don't think a repo would show up on a carfax, it doesn't affect the integrity of the vehicle, I could be wrong though.

wetzelgw

Reaction score
It does seem like a good deal,but with the mods, and I guess possible repo, it really makes me want to know the history that doesn't show up on car-fax. Unless someone on here recognizes it, idk how I would find the previous owner. From the Car-fax, it looks like it spent most of it's time in Iowa and Illinois, if that helps anyone.

Seems like they would do all the leg work BEFORE posting it for sale. I don't think a repo would show up on a carfax, it doesn't affect the integrity of the vehicle, I could be wrong though.

Yea, I would assume they would run it through all of their inspections prior to listing for sale, but who knows.
I'm not sure exactly how Car-Fax works. I was looking at a 2010 w/ 58k miles on it, and the Car-Fax on that one did say it was a repo. That one was bone stock though, except for some tacky stickers down each side.

Last edited:

wetzelgw

Reaction score
So I took it for a test drive...don't think it matters who the previous owner was now. Poor thing was a mess...interior was overpowered with smoke, clutch was so gone it was barely driveable, check engine light was on and the engine felt sluggish, and the exhaust was removed after the resonator and sounded ragged. It was a shame someone abused it so bad. I got back from the test drive and the salesman told me the tech guys told him he wasn't supposed to let anyone test drive it because its got all those problems and they're just going to wholesale it at auction. Guess I'll have to keep looking

jecbearclaw

Reaction score
You can also look at AutoCheck. They usually have more information than CarFax.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
There are some really great x-runners for sale on here that I would fly out to buy and drive home

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
So I took it for a test drive...don't think it matters who the previous owner was now. Poor thing was a mess...interior was overpowered with smoke, clutch was so gone it was barely driveable, check engine light was on and the engine felt sluggish, and the exhaust was removed after the resonator and sounded ragged. It was a shame someone abused it so bad. I got back from the test drive and the salesman told me the tech guys told him he wasn't supposed to let anyone test drive it because its got all those problems and they're just going to wholesale it at auction. Guess I'll have to keep looking

Typical salesman attempts... during a test drive of a Frontier once, there was noticeable engine ticking. The saleman said "nah, these things are built well. I am sure that's normal". For every thing I noticed wrong, he gave a BS "positive".
Good call to pass in that shape. They definitely need to get all that fixed. You'll find something though. :top:

advanced.rr

Reaction score
There are some really great x-runners for sale on here that I would fly out to buy and drive home

I did this with my X. There were a few for sale around my area but when I checked them out they had what I would say normal amount of rust underneath the body.

I had to fly out west to find a decent one with reasonable wear... instead of cars rusting out in hot regions, they tend to have problems with clear coat fading/ peeling. I'll take that over a rusty frame all day long.

Top Bottom