Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing ground effects to sell truck?

Reaction score
I bought an X runner a while back as a salvage rebuilt. The x member in the back was damaged so that parts gone. Personally I think it's a gimmick anyhow. I might be sending it out to get everything done such as straightening, bodywork ect. Personally I think the ground effects are dated and just more plastic junk on the truck. I personally like the drive train which I believe only came in X runners

What do you think about ditching the ground effects to resell the truck? Will I be hurting the resale of it that bad? The truck is going to have to be repainted so less stuff to paint.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You will get more money selling as a x-runner than what people will see as a base tacoma. The re is nor real difference between most Tacoma's other than the body kit and suspension, the engine and transmission is the same as what you can get in other Tacoma's. If you remove the body kit there will be exposed pins and holes where the body kit was, it would require body work to remove and fill. I'd say fix it back to stock X-Ruuner and you will get more buyers!

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Since X-Runners aren't as common, +1 to keep it as close to X-Runner looking as you can. :top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet at resale value with an X-Runner is for it to look and perform as an X-Runner. XRs hold their value really well. 3 and 4 yr old models with 30-40k are still selling for over 20K retail. Get a new X-brace, keep the body kit, and get her straight. That's where you'll get your biggest $$$.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
XR final drive ratio is different from other Tacos as well.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought an X runner a while back as a salvage rebuilt. The x member in the back was damaged so that parts gone. Personally I think it's a gimmick anyhow. I might be sending it out to get everything done such as straightening, bodywork ect. Personally I think the ground effects are dated and just more plastic junk on the truck. I personally like the drive train which I believe only came in X runners

What do you think about ditching the ground effects to resell the truck? Will I be hurting the resale of it that bad? The truck is going to have to be repainted so less stuff to paint.

Do you work for a shop/auto trader? Your screen name sure makes it sound like you do. Point being, the quality of your rebuild plan is rather deficient.

Reaction score
Well, that was my plan to rebuild just Tacomas. DIdn't work out. Finally getting around to finishing this one and sell it. Since it will be salvage title, I was hoping to make it stand out a little without dumping too much into it. I.E. remove ground effects and sell the pieces (I'd have to buy one front corner piece to comeplete the kit). The truck will have to be painted anyhow so go with a non stock color. Lower it a little, but nothing crazy. I have to buy tires, so might consider custom (plus size) wheels and include in the price. Lots of options.

Top Bottom