Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

when do you need new tires??

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I'd say you need new tires if thats what looks like on the picture.....

R

racerx

yeah those were my home made racing slick that were just that slick no traction what so ever i got new tires on today but had fun roasting the old ones at my buddys shop

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
"]Wow! They're not tires anymore they're slicks. Looks like they've been over inflated since the inner threads are worn out . You definitely need new tires very soon.

gearhead899

Reaction score
nah dude, those r good for another 15k or so... they still got some tread on the edges :laugh:

CBRBob

Reaction score
"]Wow! They're not tires anymore they're slicks. Looks like they've been over inflated since the inner threads are worn out . You definitely need new tires very soon.

Duh, overinflation wears out the center TREAD. Funny thing is, if you wore them evenly, you would have MORE traction when the tread sipes were gone. More rubber on the road, all else being equal. Also the tires would be more responsive to steering inputs because you would have no tread squirm from the height of the trad blocks.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
THose are some good drag and donuts tires. Wear tghem til the metal shows. :rockon:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Thats way too much pressure. A good rule of thumb is 80% of maximum inflation pressure, then adjust accordingly to your driving style & wear pattern.

R

racerx

i keep them pressured up cuz i have stuff in the back all the time and plus these tires are crap they fall apart after 15k miles but i get them 100 bucks a tire so im not complaning

Top Bottom