Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Frame Rust Recall UPDATE

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what model years this recall applies to but I was on the phone with my local dealer today doing some research for an upcoming project :burnout2: and was told by the service writer that my truck was eligible for a frame inspection. If they deem the frame is rusted beyond their standards they are replacing the frame. If not they clean up the frame and apply a protective coating. Just wanted everyone to know in the event that you have extensive frame rust and hadn't heard of this recall. :top:

UPDATE: This campaign ends at the end of this month. If you think you may be eligible make sure you get in there ASAP.

Last edited:

Jwall

Reaction score
lol. alot could really benifit from this. nice find matt.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
There's no way in hell id ever let Toyota replace my frame though. They have a hard enough time changing oil lol

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Bill that's the part I'm struggling with. Would it be great to have a new frame? Absolutely, but what are the consequences of letting Toyota do the work? Will the truck ever be right again?

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
That's good there looking into frames for our trucks. Its the reason I got rid of mine. My frame was very rusted. During the time I sold my truck Toyota wasn't doing any recall on the frame. If they were I def would have kept my truck. Northeast trucks see to much salt.

Jwall

Reaction score
i totally agree with you there. everything they ever did with my truck they seemed to **** something up

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man just gimmie the frame!!!! Whitmell we got a big mod day ahead!!

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Oh man just gimmie the frame!!!! Whitmell we got a big mod day ahead!!

Hahaha if we doing yours we doing mine. Double frame swap day lol

That almost sounds like something that would happen at Texfest lmao

akakrill

Reaction score
I'm gonna get it looked at on my TRD Sport... Lots of salt up here I've been putting the paint to it.. mechanic says its in good shape but the chance at a new frame, why not..just broke 95k

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Toyota wouldn't want to see my frame. :ahhhhh:

baghramdunks

Reaction score
Yup Toyota has been doing the Framerust recall for a while now and only recently have been contacting up to '08 runners. I work at the Toyota dealership here on Guam and have seen a lot of trucks come by but only several X frames replaced.

X-Radical

Reaction score
i got BIG ass holes in mine. cant wait to get me a brand new solid frame. cant wait to not feel my truck wobble like a wet spaghetti noodle

FireB

Reaction score
Last winter definitely did some tremendous damage to the rust on the frame for sure.
This is something interesting.
I hope they will replace the frame!

X-Radical

Reaction score
The major area of rust concern is in the front inner frame rails (boxed section right next to the cat converters) salt and crap gets in there from hte access holes in the frame and it sits there and rots it from the inside out, so those of you who think you can wire wheel and undercoat your frame to protect it, dont bother cause its unstoppable .i found out through TW about how its going down. its a limited campaign to the 20 states in the rust belt. theyre performing the campaign in stages, starting with several states in the New England region. once theyre done up there, theyll start moving south, covering states. they inspect for rust perforation. if a perforation is larger than 10mm, truck gets a new frame. smaller than that gets sprayed and paraffin coated inside. I have holes on both sides about 8" long, there really is nothing left to mine so im pretty excited for it

FireB

Reaction score
Do they send you a recall type of notification or you actually have to call them for them to inspect?

Tunedx

Reaction score
Received notice in the mail yesterday. Anyone had dealer perform this recall on xrunner yet? Whats involved and type of rust control used?

Wayside

Reaction score
Oh my, is there going to be a rush on for the remaining 2014's? And why cant they have this recall for my 93

Top Bottom