Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RedLantern's turbo build....

Redlantern

Reaction score
So the truck just died on me. Drove less than 1/4 mile and it started limping. Then smelt an electrical burning smell. Saw the cel light come on but didn't check it before I killed the power. Now the cel isn't there anymore and truck won't start. Checked under the hood and can't trace the smell. Called my friend who builds cars for a living and he asked if I had anything connected to ecu. He thinks it could be that. Stuck my head near there and I could smell the burning scent from there. He thinks it's the ucon but will find out once I put my stock injectors back and see if it starts with the stock ecu. Currently waiting to get towed. This sucks balls Since it's my daily. Will find out tomorrow once I get working on it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm...keep us posted. Sorry to hear about this.

Redlantern

Reaction score
So I took he ucon out, connected the stock ecu and it started! Will be changing out the injectors to stock now so I can drive it around. Smell is definitely coming from the UCON.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Thats no bueno,and we all ready know urd is slammed with business,hopefully they can help you out asap,i know what its like my x is my dd

Redlantern

Reaction score
Yea hopefully he emails soon.

So first code came up was p0102. I didn't clear it. Went back to menu on scan gauge and checked code again and it's showing p2000 instead of the p0102. Any ideas?

Redlantern

Reaction score
Efi#2 fuse was blown. Switched it out and runs without codes on idle. Will drive it out tonight to see if anything pops up

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
Dam dude. Glad to hear you found the problem. That would've freaked me out.

shane881510

Reaction score
Wonder what made the fuse blow. Hopefully u won't have to get ur ucon worked on. I had to get mine send to itronics for resoldering and getting it worked.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Wonder what made the fuse blow. Hopefully u won't have to get ur ucon worked on. I had to get mine send to itronics for resoldering and getting it worked.

By the looks of it, it looks like it may need to. Idk I'll see once gadget contacts me.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good find. :top: Troublesome but not too bad.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm glad I was able to trace it. I Drove it today to work and so far no problems. Got response from gadget and will be sending in the UCON to be looked at.

Redlantern

Reaction score

Picked these up from A TW member locally last week. Modded coils for prerunner for the front with qa1s, qa1s for rear, some X braces and lowering hardware for the rear(not pictured). Also picked up a Xrunner swaybar a few months ago to add to it. Should definitely improve the handling and reduce drag.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Got the Ecu back yet?

UCON is back in possession. Just haven't had time to work on putting it back in. Gotta fix a harness first for one of my o2 sensors as well. Will do it probably up coming holiday in May.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you install the suspension components yet?

Redlantern

Reaction score
Not yet. Been working 6 days a week and my one day off is occupied for errands and such. Think I'll try to do rear first if anything. I was looking at the parts and some directions and there were some hardware missing. Had to give tundraracing a call to order them.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So then soon enough. 6 days a week is a lot to leave little room for personal time.

TRON

Reaction score

What exactly was the problem. Any particular CEL popping up?

My latest issue is the fact that both wraf and hego sensor signals are identical in phase and amplitude which means that something has failed. I have 4 new sensors. The weird thing about it is no CEL. :dontknow::dontknow:

Hope Scott was able to fix the problem for you redlantern:top:

Redlantern

Reaction score
What exactly was the problem. Any particular CEL popping up?

My latest issue is the fact that both wraf and hego sensor signals are identical in phase and amplitude which means that something has failed. I have 4 new sensors. The weird thing about it is no CEL. :dontknow::dontknow:

Hope Scott was able to fix the problem for you redlantern:top:

Yea everything tested out fine thanks to Scott and Gadget. Repair was done but just had to be patient on my end. The cause was because of a harness. Because it was in the location where there's a lot of heat by my down pipe, what was soldered got Desoldered and crossed connections and ended up shorting. This is what blew the fuse. I'm currently trying to get a extension harness made without any soldering involved to fix this problem. Funny thing too is that when this whole episode happened, no CEL came on.

Tron, any symptoms u feel on yours?

Top Bottom