Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UPDATE: What's this '09 worth??

TOSH.NO

Reaction score
So, I went yesterday and drove the '09. THAT DAMN THING IS QUICK!! I did find out that the truck was involved in an accident but from driving it you'd never tell. Also, the paint doesn't differentiate from body panel to body panel and the body lines are still perfect. I did, however, notice that the clutch was pretty stiff. I'm assuming a performance clutch, maybe? It also has a short throw shifter in it as well. After further inspection of the engine compartment, I found out that it has a set of aftermarket headers on it, too. Questions I still have about this truck are: Are the TRD superchargers problematic? While driving I heard some bearing noise under the hood. Increased with engine speed. Curious as to what that is. Any other electrical issues has anyone incurred while owning these trucks with a little bit of mileage on them. My '08 RR had only 16k on it when I sold it, so it was still problem free. I really want back into the XR game and I strongly believe this truck is my ticket. But before I go in debt for it, I want expert opinions. That's why I'm back here. Just to let you know, this "little dealership" wants $18,200 out the door. I'm offering him $17,000. He's had the truck for almost a month with nobody interested in it, but me. I'll update y'all on how that goes lol. Thanks again!

madtrucker

Reaction score
I've heard the TRD supercharger can go 70,000 miles before it needs a rebuild. They are not know for having issues. You might have to buy tires more often. Some of the lightweight aftermarket pulleys seem to not last as long as the Toyota ones. 17k is reasonable. They should take your money. My pressure plate went at 80.000 so far the only issue I've had. Welcome to the Underground!

Last edited:

TOSH.NO

Reaction score
Well, I called the dealership back and offered him 17k and no higher. He didn't accept it. I'm going to leave it as it is. I really wanted the truck, but didn't need the truck. I don't know how the "little dealerships" are about wanting to sell sell sell like the big dealerships are, but I hope he calls me back and accepts my offer. After all, I was the only one to come look at this truck in the whole month that they've had it. Again, we shall see!

30Birdy

Reaction score
What does the Car Fax say about the damage? The TRD superchargers make lots of compressor noise as boost and RPM increase. I'd bet the closer to the end of the month it is, the more willing they are to get down to your price, :top:

autobodyX

Reaction score
Depending on your location you maybe can meat up with one of us that has a similar truck for comparison. Mine has its own sound. Noticeably different than other TRD supercharged X's.
You made a good offer they will call you just wait them out. For me it would be all about condition if your not sure pay someone who knows to check it out. The 09 and newer trucks have the E-diff and are tire burning machines with a supercharger. If it has full long tube headers the cats are gone that may give you some leverage in the price.

Top Bottom