Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Calling Out TRD BBK Owners

Tunedx

Reaction score
I have nasty brake squeak with trd bbk. This is my second removing pads, lubricating slides and back of the pads. Seems fine now but not sure if this is normal with trd bbk. Anyone else run into this issue and is there special way to prevent the squealing? It drives me insane.:rofl:

Tunedx

Reaction score
These pads probably won't offer the bite like the oem stoptech pads will?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
No, I'm sure they won't. But they are quieter and should last longer as a trade off.

hiflyer

Reaction score
Hawk Performance Ceramic street pads have extremely low dust, low noise, and low rotor wear. These represent the latest technology in street friction. Not for track use.

hmmmm - anyone run these?

FYI - i am running stock pads

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered stoptecs street perfromance pad, they are new since you picked up your set, I will be installing them in VB and let you know how they are at the square 1 meet:top:

Your bbk should have come with the axxis pads

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
I don't have a squeak. Sounds like a glazing problem... I spray my pads with brake cleaner and also the rotors and I don't them after that... go out slam on the brakes real hard a few times until they start to smoke and no problems or squeaks here. - TRD BBK

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
I also have a pretty nasty squeak. Started about 1 week after I installed the brakes. I just assumed that it was because of the aggressive pad material.

shook

Reaction score
I have a squeek when light braking, I think it's normal with the TRD pad material

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Do the break in procedure again, it will cure it.

Squeak tends to be common for performance brakes ( My father in law has an IS F and they squeak, I am pretty sure they are stoptech too)

When I had the X, they would squeal and I would do the break in procedure and it would clean everything, rematch the pads, and it would quite down.

give it a try

50 mph, brake hard to a stop, immediately back to speed and do it again ( repeat 3 times) then try to drive for 10 min without hitting the brakes to cool them ( the pads will tend to stick if the rotors are hot). you will probably have a nice blue tint to the rotors as well when you a done and they will most likely smoke when you do the 3rd stop :smile:

Justin

Tunedx

Reaction score
Thks Justin I will give that a shot when I get the squel back. For now its gone. I cleaned and lubricated the back of the pad and sliders.

Top Bottom