Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Traded in the X-Runner

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Hello X-Runner Family-

I just traded in the X-Runner today (about 1.5 hours ago). I hated to do it, but my kids are getting older and not having head rests/restraints really bothered me.

Their heads rest on the rear glass. If we ever get rear ended, their heads are going through the glass. It came down to getting rid of the X-Runner, or getting rid of the kids. Flipped a coin and the X-Runner lost.

I've been driving Toyota's since my first car in 1983 and have had 6 Toyotas in total. This one makes #7! I am still a loyal Toyota owner.

My new ride is a Tundra 4x4 SR5. I originally wanted a TRD-Pro, but I figured that I wouldn't really go off-road much and only wanted the 4x4 for safety when driving in the mountains in winter time.

I basically traded the TRP-Pro suspension and TRD Off-Road skid plates for wheels and roof rack w/ LED lighting.

Here's pics from minutes after I got home...

Yakima roof rack with cargo basket & LED lights:

IMG_7266_zpsdzi8p121.jpg

IMG_7268_zpsayf9hehx.jpg

275/50/20 Nitto Grapplers with 20" Fuel wheels (don't know their name yet... just got home and haven't had time to do any research):

IMG_7270_zpshcseegoa.jpg

IMG_7269_zpsiofm5kqs.jpg

Love their offset!

IMG_7272_zpsik6dqvlg.jpg

Full pics:

IMG_7275_zpsauihtodw.jpg

IMG_7277_zpsomryqkxk.jpg

IMG_7264_zpsrfgpwqyd.jpg

The X-Runner was a great truck and I was sad to see it go, but it was a safety issue. My kids didn't even want me to get rid of it. My daughter wanted me to just keep it in the garage until she could drive it! I wish I had the space and could afford to just let it sit and get another car!

XRU is still my home and I'll still be here daily! :top:

30Birdy

Reaction score
Great job making a rational decision for safety. I bet you wished you could have kept it in your stable. Good replacement though. I hope your X went to a good home...

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Nice! And understandable! Any other plans to do to the tundra? 504 HP mod? Haha

LifeAlert

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing trade in my opinion! Although, I think the coin really landed to get rid of the kids hahahaha! Got to keep the family safe though so i understand where you're coming from. New truck looks amazing! just need to get rid of that chrome, just saying.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Nice truck. After Toyota bought my X-Runner back from me, I got myself a Z71 crew cab crew cab. Much better on fuel than the X

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

This truck is huge, but feels lighter... lots of take-of and stopping power!

It will take a while to get adjusted...
Was : small, low, and loud
Now : huge, tall, and stealth

Eventually will get intake and exhaust, but necessities before accessories!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Yes. It was already cracked on both sides (just like all the others and I couldn't find my original end cap to replace it).

I miss my X-Runner. I hate new car smell!

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Mines up for also, moving up to a new tundra myself. Great looking truck, youll love it. I have a 2007 with the 5.7 and currently have 206k on it with no major issues.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Wouldn't really have seen this coming, sad to see one of the OGS trade in but it happens :dontknow: nice trade though nothing like a 4x4 comes in handy

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lower and boost it Steve! Yours can be my trucks big brother!:crinklehair: Looks good and ripe for mods. :D

Top Bottom