Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tundra calipers isf rotors

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I just got my bbk from performance brakes unlimited. They're a vendor from this site. It consist of a tundra caliper and 360mm brembo rotor from a Lexus isf and stop tech ss breaded lines. It comes with the necessary hardware and adapter plate, welds and plate feels solid. I'll try install them this weekend.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
:top: :top: Track tested and approved.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
They are track tested? Where is that thread?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a thread. Grumpy, who hasn't responded here in a long time, has already tracked them twice. I'll see if he doesn't mind chiming in with his experience.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I know we don't have much input on these kits that's why I made this thread. Thanks to Gilberto from performance brakes unlimited for making these kits available at a good price!

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Yea I'm saving up for this upgrade kind of hard right now though with school going on. It's on my list though along with sway bars

Grumpy

Reaction score
Photo credit goes to Motonxruchick184 for these amazing pictures.:top:

10253974_980889008610064_8966595226500937745_n_zpswwnvj0gt.jpeg

10999327_980889255276706_3798844259133004750_n_zpsktkg9ng0.jpeg

11214291_980890761943222_2052858151632027416_n_zpsbfvzjpy8.jpeg

I've been meaning to do a full review on the Performance Brake Unlimited BBK but kife have been keeping me very busy.
2 track days and about 3k miles of street driving in between, this BBK is a must have! Even if you don't track your truck. Excellent stopping power, easy to modulate, lots of heat capacity, extremely affordable and look great too.
Knowing that this braking system will keep on working lap after lap and not get tired, the confidence and peace of mind this kit give you is priceless.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Good to know Thanks for filling us in with the brakes performance Fills up your wheels nicely! Can't wait to install mines and also to let the public know you can order the calipers paint red or silver upon request with no charge These stock brakes imho is dangerously inadequate.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I know what I'm doing for tax season lol. Buying this kit

Grumpy

Reaction score
I would highly recommend using high performance brake pad set. Had two set of TRD pads on my stock calipers so I'm very familiar with their characteristics. Easy choice when it was time to pick a pad set for Tundra calipers.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I would highly recommend using high performance brake pad set. Had two set of TRD pads on my stock calipers so I'm very familiar with their characteristics. Easy choice when it was time to pick a pad set for Tundra calipers.

How's the brake dust with those pads?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Like most high performance brake pad, you're going to have more brake dust than the standard one. Should be around $90 from your local Toyota dealerships. That's another good point about using OEM components for this BBK, parts are easy to obtain and relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:

imom

Reaction score
Any issues with the adapter that mounts the Tundra caliper? My coworker who's a mechanical engineer says that the adapter bolts will take a lot of force and can be dangerous...it has put a little concern from me to buy for my regular cab Taco.

Saltnpeppe11

Reaction score
Well if my math is correct each of those cap screws can take roughly 170,000 psi of load before it is at its shear point... honestly I wouldn't be concerned a lot of the race care (Super Late Models, NCWTS Trucks) use like a 7/16" Grade 8 Bolt to hold their calipers on or even a smaller diameter stud depending on the spindle and the 7/16 inch bolt only have a tensile strength of around 150,000psi + depending on the length.

So if it can stop a 2700-3400lbs vehicle traveling at 100+mph I am comfortable putting on my taco.

That being said if you are concerned about Socket screw quality and making sure it is a like a 10.9 or 12.9 grade bolt just go purchase them from a supplier like fasten-all or Granger or your local hardware store~!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any issues with the adapter that mounts the Tundra caliper? My coworker who's a mechanical engineer says that the adapter bolts will take a lot of force and can be dangerous...it has put a little concern from me to buy for my regular cab Taco.

What the member above you said. As well as what Grumpy showed and has put it through. His only problem was that the remaned Centric(?) Tundra Caliper was failing. Along the seam of the two halves.

He'd have to verify the brand..to be 100% accurate.

Your little regular cab won't be stressing these components more unless you are towing some seriously heavy weight.

imom

Reaction score
What the member above you said. As well as what Grumpy showed and has put it through. His only problem was that the remaned Centric(?) Tundra Caliper was failing. Along the seam of the two halves.

He'd have to verify the brand..to be 100% accurate.

Your little regular cab won't be stressing these components more unless you are towing some seriously heavy weight.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm not towing anything...just carrying my MTB bike or an occasional load...but other than that...it's a daily commuter for me. I just got some 18" wheels and plan to get 235/55/18 or 235/60/18 and thought a bigger brake would be nice for emergencies. I had a Z4M before so I miss the braking power when I need it.

SO next for me would be to get the adapter for the tundra calipers and then figure out about the hubs fitting my 18" MR wheels from a Lancer EVO. I have to see if the ISF rotors 360mm will fit the wheel or if I need ring adapter to center the wheel.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Sorry haven't been on here for a while but I got them mounted works great!! A big difference the night I installed them I went racing n it stopped the truck from 100+Mph with no problem!! I love them best upgrade n it looks great too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom