Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Short Shifter??

Which short shifter is best in your opinion?

• Total voters

fuseaku

Reaction score
Looking to get a short shifter finally, but would like to find out which brand you all feel is best. TRD, URD, or something else? :dontknow:

justin13703

Reaction score
The URD short shifter with the coupe mod was probably the best thing I did to my truck the whole time I had it lol

shane881510

Reaction score
I have urd with custom welded shifter. Just like having a b&m. But rele short.

Can XR

Reaction score
URD with Coupe mod totally changes the feel of the truck

Redline

Reaction score
i had the b&m it was great but noisy, then i got the trd chopped by coupe by far the best mod!

XRobber

Reaction score
I just got the Core/hurst shifter. I have ran URD in the past.
the URD short shifter was nice, I cant really complain about it..
BUT
the Hurst shifter (solid shaft) is shorter throws, and the sponginess from the damn bushing in the shaft of the factory shifter is gone!! I love it.. will not run anyhting else :)

justin13703

Reaction score
I just got the Core/hurst shifter. I have ran URD in the past.
the URD short shifter was nice, I cant really complain about it..
BUT
the Hurst shifter (solid shaft) is shorter throws, and the sponginess from the damn bushing in the shaft of the factory shifter is gone!! I love it.. will not run anyhting else :)

That's why you gotta do the coupe mod to your shifter, if you can do the work yourself you'll have less than 150 wrapped up into a URD short shifter and coupe modded shifter arm combined. And that gives you the option to set the exact height of the shifter that you want

XRobber

Reaction score
when I said "short" I meant shortest throw.... and I did think about doing the coupe mod... after all i have two factory shifters sitting here on my workbench... but I am from the old school, and the thought of a hurst shifter intrigued me....after purchasing the shifter, new T handle (knob it came with sucks), and selling some old stuff, it only cost me $160 total anyhow.... so I feel it was a great trade off..
and the Hurst shifter is by far the shortest throw i have driven in an Xrunner - and looks great!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Regardless of which one you get, you will love it and keep wondering why you waited so long!

BMWtech

Reaction score
The URD has been working flawlessly for years on my truck!

XRobber

Reaction score
Hurst baby!! IMAG0437.jpg

Top Bottom