Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XII Performance Drop being installed finally

True

Reaction score
So I've been waiting for the weather to shape up a bit before digging into this with a buddy of mine, I'm very much a novice at anything other than cleaning a car sadly, so help was needed.

Anyhow the kit I ordered was the Composite Leaf springs, QA1 shocks, rear bump stops, and the front Coil overs which I thought would be the best for my daily driver needs and fun on the weekends(also a great deal of info from Amy at XII Performance which got me exactly what I needed, and was very quick in response). Unfortunately we got snagged on one of the front bolts on the leaf springs you have to punch through the other side resulting in half the job done for today, leaving the front coilovers for tomorrow or Monday.

Here's how she sits after the composite leafs and QA1's with a quick picture I snapped before the sun set. Also the drive home was incredible, put the shocks at 9 right in the middle and took it easy but still could feel a huge difference and the look...... the look.... finally the massive wheel gap is gone. Really couldn't be happier so far with the drop. Thanks so much to Buck and Amy at XII Performance. I'll put some more pictures up after I install the coil overs.

Attachments

• Truck after rear work.jpg
    Truck after rear work.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 297

Ziggy297

Reaction score
That looks great! I ordered almost the same thing, I opted for the steel leafs instead of composite. Install pretty easy other than the one bolt?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Post up some more pics once you get the fronts done.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Looking good! Good luck with the rest of it. Definitely let us know how she handles.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Did you take pics before and after the install of the lowering kit? I finally installed the sway bars set I got at Xmas.

True

Reaction score
Ok so finished the front this morning, with no bolt holding us up this round it went by pretty smooth, one of three bolts that holds the top of the coil over was a bit of a pain to reach but the rest wasn't bad at all.

As for the rear the install other than the front bolts was pretty straight forward as well, the directions were on point. After talking with my buddy and in hindsight the install was very easy, we just made it harder by taking extra things off, plus doing it on the ground with aftermarket exhaust put the muffler at the worst angle for the passenger side.

I took a few pics afterwards at my apartment and at our celebratory Red Robin lunch(sorry they are just phone pics), and I found an older picture of the truck right after I got my evo mod done, but it doesn't do it much justice and I sadly didn't take any before since out of excitement we had the truck lifted almost as soon as I pulled into the driveway.

As for the handling, with everything set in the middle at 9 out of 18 on the adjustment and full 2 inch drop on the front, the truck rode a "little" bumpier than stock but oh the way it sticks to the road on every corner I dove into was unreal. I'm 25 so I might not notice the stiffness too much as maybe some others but i doubt anybody other than the owner of the truck would ever notice.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 244
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 260
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Xrunner1.jpg
    Xrunner1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 230
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 293

easts1d3

Reaction score
Looks awesome!
How much better does it handle from stock??

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
That looks good, got to save some money for my next xmas present.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
The stance looks amazing, congrats on be able to do everything right the first time!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats Sean.....I'd love a ride-along at XFE this year to feel the difference between the drop coils and the coil over setup. :wink:

Xcars_onfireR

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome Sean! The coil overs in the front look like a nice up grade makes me want a pair.
Congrats man :top:

BondXII

Reaction score
Glad to see that everything went smooth. That front bolt where the gas tank is, is tricky. The bolt you mentioned for the coilovers is a bit tricky too because of its location. It's easier if someone holds it from underneath while a buddy tightens it up front the engine compartment.

Truck looks great too. I approve. :)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
:top: :top: Time to take it to VIR! :D

True

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm still impressed by how much of difference it made not only to the appearance but also the performance.

Jesiah the truck just sticks to the ground now, I don't really feel any body roll in corners that used to throw me against the door a bit and it launches quite a bit smoother.

Matt you're more than welcome to ride or even drive it if you want, the last 2 years I've attended them I had my fair share of people giving me ride alongs or a chance to drive. I'm more than happy to return the favor, one of my favorite parts of the X fest events.

Carson I gotta say thanks again for the intake cover last year, I need to post a pic later but I definitely owe you big this year.

And for VIR, I honestly live too close not to go, this year I'm definitely going to come by for the track day to support everyone but doubt I'll join in. I'll get the nerve up to give it a try one of these years lol.

Top Bottom