Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Limp mode?

SgtBadA

Reaction score
My truck seems to be in some kind of really bad limp mode. I started it this morning and Rpms shot up to 2000. They hovered there until warm and then fell to about 500 and rough idling really bad. Its running super rich right now around 10 at idle. Truck has no power what so ever and I don't have a check engine light. We got a lot of rain last night but I wouldn't think that would cause it to do this. Any ideas on where to start? I don't have my computer hooked up to test the UCON to see if it's in guardian mode.

justin13703

Reaction score
That's about what mine did when the mass airflow sensor went bad. I think mine had a check engine light though.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Oddly enough the problem seems to have gone away. I ran the Rpms up to 5000 after it warned up and it's gone. Runs like nothing happened

Gadget

Reaction score
If you ever get something odd like that again, shut it down, wait a couple of minutes and restart it.

G

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Glad you're up and running, but what triggered it? :hmmmm2:

SgtBadA

Reaction score
We had tons of rain and high humidity for the entire month. Texas weather has been crazy. Not sure what caused it but whatever it was its gone now

Top Bottom