Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD S/S - 4WD version

Superloki24

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the TRD S/S 4WD version will work fine on my '14 X?

The dealer doesn't know but is willing to get it in a try it out for me. Not really sure if I want to go that route. Any insight would be appreciated.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The shifter bases on the transmissions are the same. The TRD short shifter is highly sought after. Coupe, modifies them to make them even better.

Coupe

Reaction score
The 4w version is about 1/2" taller than the 2w version.

Superloki24

Reaction score
So since the X-Runner was officially discontinued in 2013, the dealer cannot buy or install any TRD parts for a 2013 on my truck as it will void the warranty.

Looks like I will either have to take a chance and install one now and hope that my trans doesn't blow up before the warranty or just deal with the sloppy shifting of the stock one. It didn't bother me to modify the motor (oil pan spacer) since I know the reliability is there, its just the transmission is what worries me.

I guess the best option would be to save up for the T-56 swap and all my problems would go away.....lol.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Get the shifter if it needs to go in for warranty work just swap to the stock one

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
T56 swap FTW! Shoot. Coupe might have a new part for the shifter for that kit soon, as well. ;)

xrgilly

Reaction score
Swapping it in an out is all good till the day something happens with the tranny...and they realize you've taken it off before.....

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
So since the X-Runner was officially discontinued in 2013, the dealer cannot buy or install any TRD parts for a 2013 on my truck as it will void the warranty.

Looks like I will either have to take a chance and install one now and hope that my trans doesn't blow up before the warranty or just deal with the sloppy shifting of the stock one. It didn't bother me to modify the motor (oil pan spacer) since I know the reliability is there, its just the transmission is what worries me.

I guess the best option would be to save up for the T-56 swap and all my problems would go away.....lol.

You plan on boosting. And say the reliability is there? Have you not paid attention to how many motors have blown? It's a lot easier to swap out a shifter then it is an oil pan spacer. I'd just put the shifter on. Swap it out if you have problem. Nuff said.

Superloki24

Reaction score
I think we will have to agree to disagree on the motor reliability issue. I will stand by my word and even when I put the S/C on I will have no worries about the motor.

However, the dealer will know that I took my shifter off anyways, even if I swap it because the bolts are colour marked to indicate whether its been tampered with.

I'll just wait for Toyota to release it for the 2014 model or just wait for my warranty to run out.....which will probably be in a year and a half.

Top Bottom