Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS2 swap

BradyT88

Reaction score
Is there a lot of room in there for that LS2? I was thinking about doing an L92 (basically an LS3) with the 6L80 trans since my 1GR may be dead... I've got a 6 lug 4x4 so I may have some extra fitment issues...

darthyota

Reaction score
Is there a lot of room in there for that LS2? I was thinking about doing an L92 (basically an LS3) with the 6L80 trans since my 1GR may be dead... I've got a 6 lug 4x4 so I may have some extra fitment issues...

pretty much all the ls and iron block truck ls equivalents are the same size from 4.8L all the way up to 7.4L

Doublld

Reaction score

i have a 4x4 with a ls motor the main issue you will run into is the oil pan interfering with the front diff. also if you plan on keeping the 4x4 the transfer case is very large compared to stock and the tunnel so trimming will be needed.

BradyT88

Reaction score
i have a 4x4 with a ls motor the main issue you will run into is the oil pan interfering with the front diff. also if you plan on keeping the 4x4 the transfer case is very large compared to stock and the tunnel so trimming will be needed.

I do plan to keep 4wd. Mine's an off road rig. I figure I can clear into the cab easy enough for the trans and Tcase if I need to, I can't really move the diff lower though, not without messing up the front suspension geometry anyway. That was why I was optj g for the L92. It came off the 4wd Escalades and the forums imply it has a smaller oil pan than the LS3 to accommodate a front diff.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
I do plan to keep 4wd. Mine's an off road rig. I figure I can clear into the cab easy enough for the trans and Tcase if I need to, I can't really move the diff lower though, not without messing up the front suspension geometry anyway. That was why I was optj g for the L92. It came off the 4wd Escalades and the forums imply it has a smaller oil pan than the LS3 to accommodate a front diff.

There are a lot of different styles of oil pans that are all interchangeable. I wouldn't buy a specific engine based on the oil pan. Mine is from a corvette so the oil pan allows it to sit just right.

Doublld

Reaction score

trust me you will need a custom oil pan. which i have one for sale. ready to go for you. i took my front diff out because i wanted rwd only so if you want to buy it i have it. it bolts to any ls engine

30Birdy

Reaction score
Oil pans in an off road vehicle should be a thing of the past with LS motors. Dry sump it and you won't have to worry about oil starvation issues.

Doublld

Reaction score
Oil pans in an off road vehicle should be a thing of the past with LS motors. Dry sump it and you won't have to worry about oil starvation issues.

the price point would be one thing that would stop most. im driving on the street so doesnt make sense for me

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. That'd be something where a potential buyer would have to weigh all of the necessities before making a decision like that, being such an expensive mod.

On the other hand, www.drysump.com. lol

Xcess

Reaction score
Is swapping a more cost effective method compared to making good power (500whp) in the X? I was considering turbo'ing my 1gr, but would really like to be satisfied with the end result.

justin13703

Reaction score
To make 500whp reliably with a 1gr will cost major money. Plus you'll pretty much have to t56 swap it, that alone is over 5k

BradyT88

Reaction score
I'll have to do some more research it looks like. Mine sees more off road than on road though.
11071568_1608172692787268_4696575760297802640_n.png.jpg

Doublld

Reaction score
Is swapping a more cost effective method compared to making good power (500whp) in the X? I was considering turbo'ing my 1gr, but would really like to be satisfied with the end result.

the 1gr isnt a reliable power maker when gettin upper power levels. there seeems to be a curse when you get 500+the ls swap is much cheaper

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Poke... How's it coming along?

Not too bad I have the motor mounts welded in. I have to pull the motor back out and then fab the transmission cross member. I am in the middle of working 17days straight so I won't get to it for a little longer.

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
BradyT88 whenever you do your swap keep some awesome note for me. I want to do this swap some time in the next 5 years. This or a factory five car. I will want to keep the 4x4 but im already perplexed as to how to maintain the traction control and stability control.

Keep up the good work guys.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
BradyT88 whenever you do your swap keep some awesome note for me. I want to do this swap some time in the next 5 years. This or a factory five car. I will want to keep the 4x4 but im already perplexed as to how to maintain the traction control and stability control.

Keep up the good work guys.

If you want TCS and Stability control...then a LS swap isn't for you. Lol.

Plus...that's what your hands/right foot is for. :top:

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
If you want TCS and Stability control...then a LS swap isn't for you. Lol.

Plus...that's what your hands/right foot is for. :top:

I want it to remain intact for the perpose of it being a fully functional vehicle. I dont really like either on the cehicle, i just hate owning anything and a feature not working properly. especially if i decided to sell it some day. Having all the safty feature in place would make it a little easier.

But if i had to choose between doing it and not id say screw both of them because LS!

Top Bottom