Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Options for true 2/3 drop?

Tom2769

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which way to go to drop my x. My ideal drop would be a true 2/3. The rear is easy - I know I've got to notch it, so notch + blocks + qa1 = done. The front is trickier. I am hesitant to go with xii because it seems their advertised 1.7 inch drop is rarely even 1.7. Seems like several guys end up with +/- 1.25 inch and I'm not willing to risk that when I know I need a full 3 inch drop in back. So DJM seems like the way to go, but I really would prefer to not be that low in the front. Are there spacers of some sort I could use with the DJM to raise the DJM back up to an only 2" drop? I'd like to be able to hit factory alignment specs too (or very close). What are my options?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Xii coilovers and get them to get you the 3" drop leafs

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having the coilovers, but that price tag is up there!

Tom2769

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't rule out coilovers, but would prefer a cheaper option if its available. DJM front kit is a half the price of coilovers. And this xr isn't going to be tracked, I'd find the setting I liked on the coilovers and probably never change it, so I don't NEED ultimate adjustability.

I've read a few references on here about using spacers of some sort with the DJM arms to raise the front a bit, but haven't found anything with details about what spacers, where installed, etc. I think I could have spacers made if I had the specs. I like that idea because perhaps I could use 2 different sized spacers to fix some of my 'taco lean' - my passenger side is a full 1/2 higher in front and in back...

Tom2769

Reaction score
No one has experience with DJM and spacers to get a 2" front drop?

justin13703

Reaction score
Seems kind of strange to drop it and then lift the drop kit and it will probably ride like absolute garbage if you're using spacers to lift it back up. The XII performance drop kit is 1.7 in the front, I don't think 3 tenths of an inch is going to bother you that bad. Plus that kit helps out the handling a good bit.

Top Bottom