Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clutch chatter?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
hopefully it doesnt sound "that" bad LOL....i think the clutch chatter is normal pretty sure it is actually with that particular model. Great clutch....:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
something is rubbing really bad on his clutch

08XRunner808

Reaction score
my clutch makes that same noise but not all the time...it happens at random on my truck

Gadget

Reaction score
That seems a bit extreme in the video. It is not abnormal to get some chatter out of the Stage IV clutch every now and then.

Gadget

THE MACF

Reaction score
Not trying to jack but is your clutch still really "difficult" to engage in first? I've got 300 miles on mine so far and it's still all or nothing when I roll from a dead stop. Like either stall the engine or chirp the tires. I don't want to fry this one with it still being so new. The other gear transitions aren't nearly as noticeable anymore. Just wondering if it gets any easier.

08XRunner808

Reaction score
Not trying to jack but is your clutch still really "difficult" to engage in first? I've got 300 miles on mine so far and it's still all or nothing when I roll from a dead stop. Like either stall the engine or chirp the tires. I don't want to fry this one with it still being so new. The other gear transitions aren't nearly as noticeable anymore. Just wondering if it gets any easier.

nope never chriped the tires or died out with tthis clutch...its all about balancing the clutch and the gas...800rpms should be good for starting off in first

Mclovin

"Chicka Chicka Yea"
Reaction score
well i cant listen to the noise but how many miles do you have on the truck total?

THE MACF

Reaction score
nope never chriped the tires or died out with tthis clutch...its all about balancing the clutch and the gas...800rpms should be good for starting off in first

Mine just bogs really bad and shakes the whole truck. I feel like a kid learning how to drive again

08XRunner808

Reaction score
Mine just bogs really bad and shakes the whole truck. I feel like a kid learning how to drive again

give it a little more gas and let the clutch out a little faster...theres a sweet spot where the truck will jus barley shake and will move forward really easy..jus keep playing with it..and dont rde that clutch....

someone teach me how to adjust my clutch pedal dammit:hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2::motz::motz::motz::motz:

BearCat11

Reaction score
i just had my stage 3 clutch, light flywheel, and tsk put in by a tranny shop. I get this same noise as in the original post. Is this a normal noise that will go away after its broken in? Thanks for the help!

justin13703

Reaction score
When I had my stage 3 clutch, lightweight flywheel and throwout kit installed, it made that same noise and shook pretty bad until everything got broken in. It will take a while, but it will get better. I've had mine in now for about 5,000 miles and it feels almost like stock now and doesn't make that noise anymore.

05 X

Reaction score
I have Spec Stage 3+, URD lightweight flywheel, and TSK45. Installed at 61,000 miles and now at 72,000 miles, it is broken in as far as the "shaking" when starting in first. However, the "chattering" never really went away, especially in stop and go traffic. When keeping the clutch pedal to the floor and in first when I am stopped (instead of pedal out and in neurtal), then when engaging, not only does it chatter, but first engages early - sometimes it is slightly engaged even with the pedal to the floor. Especially when I start the truck, I need to be in neutral; if in gear with clutch pedal in, whan starting I can feel it grab a little.
The funny thing with all of this is sometimes before engaging in first from a stop, if I go to another gear when stopped then put it in first, its a good feel and letting the clutch out in first is excellent (no chatter, no early engage, perfect). Not sure if a bad seal, bad syncro, or pedal adjustment is needed.

Top Bottom