Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Check engine light

808STAYTE

Reaction score
I was driving home tonight and my Check Engine Light came on :thumbdown:. Along with the CEL light coming on, my Odometer has stopped moving, AC light won't turn on and now blows warm air and the reverse noise doesn't work anymore. I'll Probably go have it checked out tomorrow. I was thinking of possibly pulling the battery cable to see if everything resets. In the meantime I figure I'd try ask you guys if you have any idea what may have caused this.

Any feed back would be helpful. Hopefully I posted this in the correct place.

Thanks ahead of time.

Nick

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Odd... I've heard/seen vehicles doing some strange things when there's a weak battery connection. Could be corrosion, loose, etc.
See if you can get the CEL scanned, perhaps it'll shed some light into the issue. Double check fuses/relays, then my next guess is ECU. Just hope it's something simple.

808STAYTE

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the tip, bro.

So my friend hooked up one of those ODB reader diagnostic tools and ran the test and the result came back with the "Vehicle Speed Sensor". I guess replacing that part will solve at least the Odometer part of the issue.

808STAYTE

Reaction score
So cancel that last post as a possible resolution to the issue. Replaced the Vehicle Speed Sensor and it did nothing :thumbdown:, luckily we were able to clean the part up good and return it. :top:

I had made an appt to take it to Toyota to chk it out, but it was gonna b 2wks. Decided I would try play mechanic one last time, ended up finding a busted 10A fuse under the dash, replaced it and everything came back to life. :rockon:

Issue has been resolved. Just thought I'd share this incase any of u have this problem in the future.

Didn't think one little fuse was responsible for all of those things. Weird...

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Good job. :top: Sometimes those electrical issues drive you nuts.
Out of curiosity, which fuse was the one you replaced?

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I hate it when i dont check the simple things first. Glad you got it sorted out.

Top Bottom