Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Type of Gas

rockoutxr

Reaction score
So I have a stock engine and was wondering what octane gas do you use? I notice when I get a lower octane the engine has higher rpms when I put a higher octane the truck reacts faster and has lower rpms? Why is this any help would be nice please

I guess a second question what gasoline station do you prefer?:dontknow::hmmmm2:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Premium is recommended by Totoya, stay with that although since your not boosted you would be okay going lower. Stations are personal preference, I typically use Cheveron or Shell

justin13703

Reaction score
Just use 87 if you're all stock. On a non boosted engine you won't see any difference running any higher octane.

rebXehle420

Reaction score
I thought my owners manual said to use regular not premium.. Could be wrong though

Gadget

Reaction score
Unless you are boosted or modified the engine, run regular.

You should also run a Top Tier Gasoline. This covers most brands now, but a few years back it was just a very few that met this standard.

http://www.toptiergas.com/

G

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
I would keep the 87 in it bud, unless your boosted higher octane fuel or running e85 wont make one difference. As for station, chevron, valero, stripes have a 10% ethanol(e85) mixture, where shell(at least most shells) use a 15% mix which will give you a slightly lower mpg due to the e85 burning quicker. When filling up check the % on ethanol used, i know on my brothers truck(2013 fj cruiser with the same 4.0) cannot use anything above 10% due to the emmisions change-up on the older MY 4.0 engine(model year)

Hope this helps, any questions hit me up ill be glad to help

Gadget

Reaction score
FYI- the 2010+ FJ is certified for E15.

G

Top Bottom