Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Single or dual AFR?

Dual or single AFR?

• Single AFR

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Dual AFR

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Mallcrawl

Reaction score
Single Air to fuel ratio meter

Why is it better or worse that double?

Or

Dual Air to fuel ratio meter

Why is it better or worse than single?

Reaction score
It's just about accuracy. Single works just fine though especially for something that isn't going to be a high power vehicle.

Mallcrawl

Reaction score
This question is for just which is the best. not what you have or are currently running.

not looking at price points or ease of installation. But what is the best.

I guess the "absolute" best thing would be to hook up an AFR to each exhaust tube and use a haltech or equivalent to actually use and process the info. ( like in super gramps)

Also dont forget to vote on what is best.

Reaction score
I'm not running either one so...

It's an accuracy game so the one with more accuracy would be the best.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
No concern from price or ease? Weld a bung on each primary and run 6.

IMO... AFR meters are tuning aids, and then something to distract you on the dash. If you want a dual, buy a dual. I find 1 to plenty, especially considering you can swap it to the other bank if necessary.

The 1GR's upstream sensors are essentially widebands. You can get a lot of data off of them.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I'm running duals cause I could see what's going on with both banks but my bank 2 reading is really weird I tune only by watching at bank 1 lol

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
From my experience

Single
It itself is cheaper, less sensors to replace if needed, less complicated readings, less hassle to install

Dual
It's cool, able to watch 2 banks

Sometimes less is more

I honestly went with dual for the cool factor :laugh:

iniazy

Reaction score
Personally I think double will confuse you when tuning. If you want to tune, just put one. A healthy engine should return almost identical reading on both banks. If you want to check the health of your engine, get an OBDII scanner and monitor Bank 1 and Bank 2 short term fuel trims. If they are close, then you're in good shape.

Top Bottom