Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

throwin more codes

Xtacy

Reaction score
After i changed my clutch a while back I accidentally ripped out one of the wires going to the rear o2 sensor connector. From where it was ripped out I was unable to resolder therefore I got a used connector from gadget. I cut the old sensor off and soldered the one from gadget. I started getting a p0137 about once per week after the install which bacisally means voltage shortage, exhaust leak, etc. I re-did the solder extra careful this time and for 3 weeks it was all G, until 2 days ago and today. I had my CEL again this time reading a p0156. Guess this is similar to p0137 basically bad o2 sensor, shortage, wiring problems, etc.

anyone have insight on what I should do next? I made sure I was extra careful this time and shrink wrapped after the soldering, not sure whats going wrong:hmmmm2:

Gadget

Reaction score
Well, it is the other rear sensor having a problem now.

I would reset the code and run it and if the same code sets I would swap the two rear sensors.

If the code moves back to the other side, replace the sensor.

If it stays on the same side, you may have another wiring problem.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember if the codes were the same as yours, but I had the wire harness swapped from side to side after the clutch install, for the rear O2's. Swapped the connectors over and the codes cleared up.

Gadget

Reaction score
Red plug goes on the right side.

G

Xtacy

Reaction score
Reset the CEL, hasn't popped back up yet. I haven't looked under the truck at the connector....not really sure which connector is throwing the codes. If my CEL comes on again should I replace that particular one?

STONER-X

Reaction score
While the plug was broke did you remove the o2 or just run with it unplugged? I know with the afr sensors it clearly says not to run it installed and unplugged. .. or it will get damaged

Possible the sensor could be damaged from being unplugged and installed....

One thing I Noticed when I was extending my o2 wires is the wire it's self is a very high temp wire making it very hard to flow solder without the proper iron temperature. Mine only went to about 700 degrees and it seems like you need about 850 degrees to get a good solder flow.. When I extended my afr wires I took it to work and used high temp wire for the extension and used about 900 degrees and plenty of flux to make a nice flow

I myself did crimps and have had zero problems since so.. If you go to radioshack they have these crimps I believe are for telephone wire... they are small and make perface clean crimps on the o2 wires

Xtacy

Reaction score
Just one wire for the connector got ripped out. The connector was undamaged and still connected to the o2 sensor. But seems like its a different sensor throwing codes

Top Bottom