Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RACES......

Local around town kills. WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER.....STR8 HEADS UP? OR FROM A ROLL?

• Total voters

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Lets get the honest opinion of some local pick up races. Race from a roll or heads up???? I know sometimes timing makes a difference but generally what would you prefer.

blastap

Reaction score
A roll is cool, but a dig is the most exciting.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I find a dig is more real deal. I come from hanging at the street races and they dont go for the roll stuff. You get caught sayen that you get looked at as a puss.

lvxr

Reaction score
i've personally never raced from a roll. a real race starts from a stand still...just my opinion

blastap

Reaction score
freeway races are still fun, since we are 3.15 gears the freeway runs are cool

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Around town, I prefer roll racing. It allows me to race against faster vehicles, as I don't have to worry as much about traction related issues, and I can rule out more driver related errors. On the street, i'd rather have the truck do the talking.

From a dig, its def more of a challenge for sure. But on the street, I much prefer a rolling start.

But I will prefer a drag strip race over a street roll race (no need for unnecessary risks).

Dirty

Reaction score
Around town, I prefer roll racing. It allows me to race against faster vehicles, as I don't have to worry as much about traction related issues, and I can rule out more driver related errors. On the street, i'd rather have the truck do the talking.

From a dig, its def more of a challenge for sure. But on the street, I much prefer a rolling start.

But I will prefer a drag strip race over a street roll race (no need for unnecessary risks).

im with xrunnit. first is way too touchy for me and the last thing i wanna do is blow my clutch or tranny over a street race. i find that my fav spot to pull from is 2nd gear at about 3,400 rpms.

not to say that i wont run from a dead stop but it better be worth my gas. its not gonna be over an accord with a body kit. :laugh:

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
digs only for me unless the only way the other guy will race is a roll

Mr.X

Reaction score
if its a higher HP car i like rolls from 15mph or a 40mph seems too be my sweet spot but if its a real race from a digg i wouldnt call someone out from a roll thats *****yy shyt but if its unplanned a roll will rule out driver errors that way u know where u stand in the streets

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
It seemed like all the races when I had my X were from a roll. I prefer dig races, but getting lined up from a stop is a pretty rare occurence.
I liked 2nd gear at 35mph.

But it is true. A real race that involves drivers skill is from a stop.

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
i perfer from a dig cuz thats how you tell how really fast your are and how you compair...you never see rollin race at a drag strip

RedXr

Reaction score

Exactly. :smile:

5000XD

Reaction score
I like to dig from a roll, but thats more when I'm rolling. Get my dig?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Its how ya launch is the key cant always launch wide open throttle cuz ya can spin and loss it right there. C'mon guy learn to drive n race a real race from a dig.

akxr79

Reaction score
with street racing, theres too much driver mod to worry about. Not saying its bad but if you just start in like a 2nd gear roll at 40 with someone you know theres no excuses....you really see what your cars made orf. Theres no, "Man probably if I started better it could of been better."

For money though or an official meeting, ya gotta do a dig...:biggrin:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I say dig.... its real racing and its fun for you to figure out how to launch.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
some of these guys do more benchracing than dig or roll racing haha....I chose dig though. :top:

Top Bottom