Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sub box over transmission tunnel?

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I am searching for companies who make a sub box for our XR's that fit over the trans tunnel/behind center console and can accompany up to a 12" sub with at least 6" mounting depth. Maybe a ported enclosure. Something around 1.5 cubic feet. Having trouble finding something like this for my 06.

It would be nice if I could find a box like stated above, but my hopes aren't too high. A custom box is always doable. I just want the quick and easy.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could tell you someone here still made them but I can't. It's been several years since those guys left. That being said the SubX (the original) still makes an occasional appearance in the forsale section used. Keep your eyes peeled.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I think XII performance has the patterns for the original subX box, but they never ended up making them.

STONER-X

Reaction score

I never noticed it, but it appears you lose your entire center console!! in losing so you will also lose the power inverter.. I think it is under the center console box?

the power inverter was one option that didn't get used much, but I got to use it enough to love having it..

my jetta also has one, but it only allows for 2 prong plugs... Booo

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I think XII performance has the patterns for the original subX box, but they never ended up making them.

I wish I could get my hands on those templates....That was hands down the best box ever made for our trucks. I still have mine :top:

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I've only seen pictures and man does it look great. Suede and comfy lol. Would be nice sitting next to my daughters car seat, without compromising much storage space.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep your eyes out in the for sale section. They do pop up now and again.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I did have pretty good luck mountimg 6.5 subs in the rear doors in the factory holes... I filled the door with pilow stuffing then sealed the entire door with dynamat

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I did have pretty good luck mountimg 6.5 subs in the rear doors in the factory holes... I filled the door with pilow stuffing then sealed the entire door with dynamat

no rattle? seems like it would

Reaction score
I can build you one for a 12 but there's a lot of extra work to make the 12 work, your seats will recline and can be slid all. the way back. Each box takes about 10 hours to build. it's been so long it'd have to get a price on the upholstery last one was 150.00 for upholstery but it matches the truck perfect. If that's the case your looking at 650.00 plus shipping. The onein my truck is right years old and still thumping hard.

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I've got someone local who is building it for me. Going with a PSI P1 10" in a 1.4 cubic foot ported enclosure tuned for 35hz!

Top Bottom