Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS2 swap

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Almost done just having an issue with turning off the anti theft system. It's driving me nuts. The engine fires and then dies over and over.

You need someone that can disable VATS. It has to be done through tuning last I checked.

kwigs160966

Reaction score

This is a y-pipe setup that I welder together. I kept the urd 3" cat back and added a 2x2.5" into 1x3" magnaflow. I was wanting to put exhaust cutouts in but. Put that on the back burner for the time being

kwigs160966

Reaction score
You need someone that can disable VATS. It has to be done through tuning last I checked.

Yeah I took it in and paid 276$ to have someone remove it but they never got it done even after taking it back to them. I bought hp tuners and checked it out for myself. So I have access to deleting it, however it seems there is a slight problem with the software so I am waiting for tech support to get back to me

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Yeah I took it in and paid 276$ to have someone remove it but they never got it done even after taking it back to them. I bought hp tuners and checked it out for myself. So I have access to deleting it, however it seems there is a slight problem with the software so I am waiting for tech support to get back to me

Setting it to None under System->General didn't work?

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Well I barely managed to get her going so I could make it out to the three hills annual bracket racing event. I ended up placing second on Saturday in the sportsman class and out in the first round Sunday. My best 1/8th mile time was 9.072. The best I ran before with 1gr and supercharger was 9.2. The ls2 is bone stock 400hp and 400tq the tune needs a lot of work and I need a better drive shaft (I cut and welded my own) so she vibrates a little lol. With some more work and practice I expect to run around 8.5ish in the 18th and probably high 12's in the quarter. That's a pretty decent base line I think

hiflyer

Reaction score
Well I barely managed to get her going so I could make it out to the three hills annual bracket racing event. I ended up placing second on Saturday in the sportsman class and out in the first round Sunday. My best 1/8th mile time was 9.072. The best I ran before with 1gr and supercharger was 9.2. The ls2 is bone stock 400hp and 400tq the tune needs a lot of work and I need a better drive shaft (I cut and welded my own) so she vibrates a little lol. With some more work and practice I expect to run around 8.5ish in the 18th and probably high 12's in the quarter. That's a pretty decent base line I think

Woah. Congrats on the progress !

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't even share the "It's ALIVE!" video. :(

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
If your DS is the right length then just send it out to get balanced.

Congrats on the test hit!!! You still on stock gears, I cant remember?

kwigs160966

Reaction score
If your DS is the right length then just send it out to get balanced.

Congrats on the test hit!!! You still on stock gears, I cant remember?

I have 3.73s right now. With a true track. I need a little help with wiring the stock gauges though. I thought I had them hooked up right but nothing is working currently.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Didn't even share the "It's ALIVE!" video. :(

I know I got distracted and really wanted to take it out to this event. So it got missed. I may have a video of it without exhaust and before the vats was removed I will see if I can find it

kwigs160966

Reaction score
I only have 1/4 of an inch of slip on he yoke with the wheels on jack stands so I will likely cut the drive shaft down another 1/2 inch just for a little more room to slip. Most things I read say to have 3/4-1" of slip on the yoke. But sounds like the majority of that is for installation purposes and you only need 1/4" for normal operation. I am looking for a 1 price aluminum shaft from a GMC Sierra that I can cut down as a cheap one piece shaft

kwigs160966

Reaction score
117 is me. I broke out so I lost. I let off at the end as well just not enough

Top Bottom