Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

passing safety check?

Xtacy

Reaction score
im looking to drop my truck, anyone got some info regarding the safety check? will it pass? do i gotta go to someone under the table? recon?...how bout my HIDs, should i put the stock bulbs on? any info would help...mahalo

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
you should pass recon as long as you have the alignment papers and they are all in green. took my best friends celica down to get alignment cuz she never like do um.. they gave hard time but make sure you just put the stock head light bulbs in and remove all balasts. the guy did the light meter check and said that if its not in projectors.. he wouldnt have passed it. as for safety.. best thing to do is if you dont know anyone.. you need to have that recon sticker.. IMO.. its all BS... but good luck with it!

rat7761

Reaction score
Depends how low you like go too. We no mo recon on Kauai. You should see the death traps on the road. :smile: A mild drop (2-3") should pass.

Last edited:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
drop shouldnt matter unless you are djm 3/4. change out your hids just put the stockers back on im pretty sure you can leave the ballasts and all because they dont check inside unless they changed it and they do now. But make sure everything else is stock. As for exhaust im not sure about that either considering they passed that law with the exhaust having to be a certain decible but i could be wrong just make sure it looks stock lol, they wont notice or shouldnt notice a thing

Xtacy

Reaction score
right on, i thought it depends on the license plate? it cant be too low or something...my safety check expires next month so i may drop the truck after that.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
On the drop you shouldn't have any problems as long ur front license plate to the ground are not below 12" to 14" inches, and as for ur HID's just put the oem's back on, thats what i did and had no problems......

Good Luck Bro!:top:

F**k that Recon Bull Sh**t....:stupid::thumpdown:

808skittles

Reaction score
yup just uhm do NOT go to 76 on king street... ROFL that guy knew my truck was dropped AHHAAA crap. LOL maybe it didnt help that my helper spring is RED.. so makes people look there IDK doh! hahaaa

Top Bottom