Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paint Chips!!

X-Runnin

Reaction score
What is everyone doing about their chips and scratches. My truck isn't doing so well, the back right wheel fender has a chip the size of a quarter just from taking it through an automatic washer. Anyone know where to get some toyota bsp touch up paint, I heard dealerships have it but I haven't had time to check yet.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
What is everyone doing about their chips and scratches. My truck isn't doing so well, the back right wheel fender has a chip the size of a quarter just from taking it through an automatic washer. Anyone know where to get some toyota bsp touch up paint, I heard dealerships have it but I haven't had time to check yet.

The dealership is the best place to go. They are like $9 for a little bottle. And when you apply it...dab the paint on...don't paint it.

morcheez

Reaction score
dont use automated car washes :motz: :stupid: :eviltongue:

07XR808

Reaction score
I have had the same problems with the small paint chips on the rear wheel fender...

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dont use automated car washes :motz: :stupid: :eviltongue:

If I didn't use a touchless car wash, my truck wouldn't get washed all winter. It's been 30 degrees here for the past month and I guess I'm just too much of a wussy to bucket wash when it's that damn cold. :laugh:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
yep started to get the same chips at the same spot when I first got my truck. bought some touch up at Toyota for $10.00. I also used 3m clear film paint protecter to prevent anymore chipping. I ordered it online but seen some at Kragen's auto store.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The chips suck, i even got the dealer to replace the flares and advised them to put some 3m on them and they didnt, so guess what, more chips :thumpdown:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
I applied 3M clear paint protector on my X-R the first week I got it, one reason is that a friend of mine got an X-Runner before I did and it really had gotten paint chipped bad, I think anyone who is buying a new X or has one that is not yet chipped up bad yet to do this, it is really worth the money and not to bad to install but you have to have patience to do it, although I have heard of a lot of people have a hard time installing it. on mine I did the front end, mirrors and the front sections of the rear fender flares where everybody seems to be having the chipping problem.

the rev

Reaction score
the absolute only thing that will stop chips from the front tires are mudflaps! well, maybe not absolute, but since i've put mine on, i haven't had any new chips...and thats been about 6k miles ago.

i had to make my own since none for our X exist

project-c2

Reaction score
I dunno, mine are in wierd places like side of rear fender and rear bumper lower flare, not in the fender well area (yet).

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
My flares are chipped to.. It sucks to see the small spots of white on them

lenie03

Reaction score
I just got an idea if we all get white trucks we won't have chips because we won't see the paint chippage :laugh:

WisconsinX

Reaction score
Talked to dealer yesterday and they are repainting chiped areas and clear 3m protector. All under warranty.
My advice, if they don't want to work with you just keep going up the ladder until someone does.

Top Bottom