Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How Did You Get Your X-Runner?

Where Did You Get Your X-Runner?

• Factory Ordered it from a Dealership

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Purchased it from a Toyota/Scion Dealers Lot.

Votes: 155 39.8%
  • Purchased it Used

Votes: 158 40.6%
  • Purchased it? I Stole It!

Votes: 29 7.5%

• Total voters

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Okay, i'm a newbie here and I don't even own an X-Runner yet, I'm from the Great White North (Canada) where X-Runner's are scarce. I had to factory order a SWB XR as there are no '09 SWB XR's in any Toyota dealer lot in Western Canada, there is a '09 BSP on Vancouver Ilsand, B.C. I've been told, but I was also mentioned to me that it has been driven around as a demo, so imo that's not a new vehicle.

I'm just curious as to how many members have had to order their XR's from the factory or did you drive it away from the dealership inventory or you purchased it used.

I'm talking X-Runners only, not regular Taco's as they are a dime a dozen up here also, I also checked out Washington state and there is nothing there either, although given the exchange rate it's cheaper to buy in Canada.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
welcome to XRU bro! :top:

Yes X's were hard to find new originally so I bought mine used with 9500 miles on it :biggrin:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i got my truck brand new it was sitting in the back with 15 miles on it...i got it for 20k (stealership knows my parents so i got a deal)

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I ordered mine back in Fed 07 with the TRD BBK and Short shifter installed:top:

Justin

Coupe

Reaction score
I tried to look at one in person in June/July 2007. There is a dealer walking distance from my office. No luck. Dealer told me he had not seen one in 6 months. I did not want to order one sight unseen.

In November of the same year, I was driving by the same lot and they had two out front a RR & SWB. I pulled in drove the RR and bought it that day.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I tried to get a used bsp with a trd supercharger, bigbrake kit, shortshifter, and exhaust.....drove it, started the paperwork on it, and the next day, I went to go finalize everything and someone came and bought it before my paperwork was concluded cash.....2 weeks later, I went back to get a new model, and they had to hunt it down, I got it brand new with 225 miles on the odo from them driving it to my dealership from where it was originally :top:

Coopstain

Reaction score
I got mine brand new in January of 08. I actually went to the dealership in November of 07 and saw an 07 that was the only one on the lot for 24K (only 07 on the lot, but had a bunch of 08's). They tried to talk me into then, but i wasnt ready... i still hadnt sold my Matrix XRS at that time. I had researched the truck for the past year and new what i was looking for and for what price. 24K for an 07 was NOT it.

So in January of 08 i went there and the 07 was gone and all they had were 08's. Talked the guy down and got a killer price i was very happy with... test drove it.. they shined it up all nice for me and i drove it off the lot... couldnt have been more happier! and still am!

dmbfan73

Reaction score
bought mine new in tacoma wa on a sunday in mid june 06, had 7 miles on it. 2 1/2 years later and a butt load o' mods, i love her more now than the day i drove her home!

HiTek21

Reaction score
Went to Puente Hills Toyota to look at the XR. They had a used XR with all sorts of body damage on the lot (drywall screws holding up the side skirt, rear bumper smashed in, dents all over the bed). The salesman said that shouldn't be there so he took me to the back and showed me a new BSP. I took it for a test drive and loved the truck but I wanted SWB. We sat and talked about pricing and availability of the SWB color but they wouldn't budge on the price so I could not commit. They kept telling me if they could get a SWB would I sign the papers that day. They were trying to get me to pay 30k for a 23k truck.

A week later I drove down to Longo Toyota and they had a SWB on the lot with 4 miles. Took it out for a test drive, sat down with the salesman and came to a reasonable price. So I walked out with a 07 SWB XR and a smile on my face.

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Wow, interesting responses.

I decided to get an X-Runner, because I always liked Tacoma's and I needed a new car, so I was looking at Tacoma's when I saw a used Red '08 X-Runner with a SOLD sign on it, at a Toyota (West Coast Toyota) lot , at first I thought it was a custom modded Taco, then I noticed the X-Runner badge, so I asked the sales guy about it, he said it's a model option from Toyota, and handed me a brouchure.

Upon looking at all the specs online, this truck has just about everything i've been looking for, I had a 4x4 GMC Truck once and had bad times with the drivetrain and being a 4x4 set me back $$$ all the time, so I didn't want another 4X4, and didn't want no 4 banger in a truck either, so V6 2 wheel Taco w/access cab and X-Runner is only option for that. I know of 2 used XR Taco's for sale here in the Vancouver area, but I want a new and not a truck that somebody has already run the piss out of it.

BTW. I found this site on Toyota Nation. Awesome site, I've been lurking around here for a few days torturing myself on what mods I could do, and yet i'm like 3 months away before I get to drive my own. I did take a test drive on regular 4cyl 2wd access cab taco, it wasn't bad but, I betting a 4.0L V6 will be much better.

cheers!

AdAM

Reaction score
yeah, another canadian:rock: were you from and congrats on the X

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score

Thats what i was thinking!!!!!!!!! Give us some time and we gonna have to plan a Xfest Canada!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the site bro you gonna love your truck when you get it.. 3 months till you get it?? Thats lots of time to stockpile some mods to do when you first get it!!!!!:top:

xrspeedway

Reaction score
ive been after the X-RUNNER since it came out i totaled my old tacoma in april of this year and got it in may of this i got i brand new from a credit union with 40 miles and i got the best color and so did u i paid 23,200 out the door

DJmckay

Reaction score
i got mine in oct of 07 and there was a BSP new and the SWB was new, there was also a used RR but i was going SWB all the way :rock: i got mine with 70 miles on it , so i guess a couple got to test drive it oh well i got to test drive the BSP but knew i still wanted the SWB

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
i have been reaserching the x since it was a concept and i thought it was a cool truck. didnt think at the time it was going to come out but i was exited when it did. my mom wanted a truck so we went to the fairfield automall one sunday just 2 luck at trucks and were a nissan family since forever so we went to look at the titans. my mom loved the trucked and i really liked it 2 and so we wanted a crew cab titan but the salesmen were horrible and not dealing prices 2 well. after 2 hrs of fustrasion we left the dealership at 8:45 (the automall closes at 9) as were rolling by all the dealerships i spot the x (seemed like from a mile away) in the showroom floor. it was dark and they had lights over it and i told my mom 2 lets check it out. we went in and imidiately the sales man takes it out the showroom so we can test drive it. b4 we get in it another customer comes in and is lovin the truck 2 but we got there first. while we test drove it they had run my moms credit and everything and they asked if my mom wanted to take it and she asked me if i liked it. i was like i love it. so a may 05 1 1/2 months before my sophmore highskool year ends i have a brand new 6 miles on it BSP xrunner. i didnt even have my permit then. as soon as i got my permit i started driving it 2 skool and it was the baddest truck there. so am i the youngest 2 own an x. (15 at the time)

i was the only x in napa then brett came along (BSP 05 X-RUNNER):eviltongue: jp brett i love your murdered truck .lol.

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
i wanted an X since the first time i saw one. was maybe a few years ago i used to see one parked out at a construction site. i believe it belonged to one of the workers and i was like,"damn is that a new tacoma with a body kit?" i would see one around occasionally and ended up doin research on them. at the time i was drivin an 03 GMC sonoma 4 banger which sometimes would frustrate me cause it had no real power to it and used to leak whenever it rained it would drip through my door panel and soak me while i was driving. i started lookin for a full time job and my mom told me once i had kept a full time job for over 3 months, she would help me look for a new vehicle. cause i have no credit really. i started lookin at savannahtoyota sites to see if there were any in stock. i kept seein the same BSP until it became the only one left. my sister and I went to dealership just to browse and as soon as i saw her on the showroom floor the salesman let me drive her. went back home to get the other truck and my mom wanted to come with me, so we went back and she dropped a huge down payment on it and its everything i ever dreamed of, didnt even wait 3 months, it only took like 3 weeks. .... hope you get yours soon bro, youll love it. by the way, the one i saw on the site for months is now the one im driving everyday. we live happily ever after

X-Pablo

Reaction score

Vancouver, B.C. I've had a horrible time dealing with Toyota dealers, I tried wheeling dealing in prices, but no dealer is willing to budge on MSRP on a factory order, and the BSP that's on the island, that dealer wants my dealer to give them a Hybrid Toyota in exchange, so since the Hybrids are the hot sellers on the lot, deals on an X-Runner is scarce, not to mention the used '08 I saw sold for a couple thousand less than sticker on a new '09. Anyhow I paid slighlty less than MSRP, but not as less as I liked, I'm willing to get a lesser deal to get the truck of my dreams. As for Mods I'm waiting for the exchange rate to even out at 10% or better, then my wife & I have friends and family in Washington & Oregon, we can spend a couple weeks in the USA during the summer and i'll mod the truck down there, cause in Canuckistan is just too expensive. :dontknow:

X-fest in Canada would be cool. :rockon:

XR-Franciscoo

Reaction score
I bought it from a Honda Dealer, they had it for a good price and I went for it. Originally wanted a BSP, but once I saw both BSP and SWB in person I went for the SWB. The first user only had it for about two weeks and put 330 miles on it! before trading it in for a honda! ...

Last edited:

808HAWAIIAN

Reaction score
i bought mine brand new from the dealership.. 24k for a brand new 08 with 2 miles on the odo.. i put 5 more test driving it and took it home that night

BSNA-Dark-Angel

I'm a girl!!!
Reaction score
I got mine new just so happend they only had 2 in the state(bsp) and one just so happend to be on my island... they trucked it over to my side, it only had 12 miles on it. If they didnt have it I was going to order it.

Oh i paid 28k for mine... but thats with alot of extrazzzzzzzz......... like gap insurance, hard cover, bug guard, rain guards, and some other stuff i cant remember em all

Top Bottom