Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nst pulley kit and urd y pipe

mikorockhard

Reaction score
Just making sure you knew there was a difference and got the one you needed. Glad you got what you were looking for. Be careful with those though. They're known to eat the crank seal, even the updated sleeved versions, friend had this issue this past weekend.....

Oh shit that doesn't sound good and I still need the rest of the light weight nst pulley kit

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure to grease the sleeve, on the outer circumference, where it contacts the seal.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I guess hinting at it doesn't work......for the MINIMAL GAINS you can expect to see these are not worth the aggravation and potential damage that can be done to the seal. Those pulleys haven't been made in years and there's a reason for it. There wasn't enough demand (and the company is a bunch of crooks) and they didn't net a gain that is worth the inevitable oil leak.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Ok I guess hinting at it doesn't work......for the MINIMAL GAINS you can expect to see these are not worth the aggravation and potential damage that can be done to the seal. Those pulleys haven't been made in years and there's a reason for it. There wasn't enough demand (and the company is a bunch of crooks) and they didn't net a gain that is worth the inevitable oil leak.

I wouldn't say inevitable oil leak. Many people. Like myself have been running those pulleys for years with no issues. When installed properly (Like the grease in the sleeve like torspd said) there is no issues. Now the minimal gains I agree with especially for the price. I was lucky and nst was good with me. I bought my pulley used. It didn't have the sleeve. I sent it in they sleeved it for free. Been over 5 years and it's still good. I wouldn't even chance dealing with them now though. I must say. My red crank pulley looks cool (that's about all it is lol)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Grumpy had the original prototype one. No sleeve. Greased it. Has regreased it over the years. Still no front main seal leak. Proper techniques create the least problems.

Coupe

Reaction score
To be honest, the oil seal lip will cut through steel over time. It cuts faster through aluminum.

When I pulled off my stock one, there was a slight cut in it.

I have had similar issues with other cars, other than Toyota.

The leak just happens over time.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever true. I have three pem crank pulleys with a wear groove in them.

Top Bottom