Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boosting 2016 Tacoma ?

Phracker

Reaction score
Doubtful, I think TRD allowing Magnuson to sell the kit under their name says it all.

Diesels will make a comeback. As the industry standard changes to the new systems, the prices will begin to stabilize. The engine is the workhorse from buses to freight trucks, eventually the systems will reduce in size and become more common for other applications.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just read this and about fell out of my chair. Torque is what gets the weight moving. It has everything to do with towing. Aside from gear ratios and frame strengths.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Doubtful, I think TRD allowing Magnuson to sell the kit under their name says it all.

Diesels will make a comeback. As the industry standard changes to the new systems, the prices will begin to stabilize. The engine is the workhorse from buses to freight trucks, eventually the systems will reduce in size and become more common for other applications.

I don't know if diesels will make a comeback in the US... the emissions are getting really tough for them to make a reliable emissions system to clean the exhaust for all types of traffic styles.. over sea's diesels are everywhere because it is a great option to have and the emissions standards are not as strict.. here in the states we have too many cry babies who what clean everything.. VW still has not reintroduced the TDI line up to 2017 they might not offer it to the US anymore..

I could be way wrong but, I think small turbo gas motors will be the passenger diesel take over.. Ford is proving it to be pretty worthy for trucks.. diesel will still be needed for other transportation and I don't think it will go away anytime soon. I just feel that light duty passenger vehicles (small trucks and cars) will stay with gas . :thumbdown:

STONER-X

Reaction score
there are many to the benefits of diesel
-the motors are around 30% more efficient over gas meaning less does more
-maintenance how does oil change, fuel filter, and air filter sound... no spark plugs or wires no throttle body
-the fuel mileage is incredible (my TDI gets 49.** on the freeway)
-a diesel can have a ton of performance mods with a heavy tune and still return near factory fuel mileage if not better
-gets better fuel mileage than hybrids on freeway
-a new half ton puck up gets roughly 17-19 mpg freeway if you are lucky.. a 3/4 diesel gets about the same and can tow 17,000 pounds if needed. the dodge ecodiesel v6 gets 25mpg and can tow 9200 actual owners report higher MPG about 27 and few with a tune reporting low 30's

GM pulled the plug on the chevy cruze diesel and the only diesel they offer in the US in the duramax that I know of.. jeep had a 4cyl common rail diesel in the liberty, but also pulled the plug on that for what I recall was for new emission laws but said they were going to rerelease it later on, but still have not...

diesel has its advantages and disadvantages...
-the motor being more efficient it takes forever to warm up... so heater in the winter takes longer.. many have not added an electric heater for the cab until motor gets warm enough.
-short drives are not great for the motor
-city MPG is not anything to brag about a hybrid is better if you are stuck in traffic.
-cost of the diesel option is a consideration..
-don't trust anyone to fill your tank you will get gas really quick
-a trashed fuel system by gas will cost roughly $4000 to fix
-the new emission DPF filters and egr filters cause all sorts of problems.
-the DPF exhaust filter is a filter not a catalyst and has to be replaced when full which is currently in the $2500 range.

justin13703

Reaction score
I just read this and about fell out of my chair. Torque is what gets the weight moving. It has everything to do with towing. Aside from gear ratios and frame strengths.

YES! YOU UNDERSTAND IT TOO! For a minute I was beginning to think I was the only one lol

On another note, for that Cruze turbo diesel we have, Fleece already makes an emissions delete setup for it. If I ever have emissions related issues with the car I'll be all over that lol. Supposed to add something like 90 lb ft of torque and 60 some horsepower. It'll put the torque in that little car close to 400 lb ft.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
YES! YOU UNDERSTAND IT TOO! For a minute I was beginning to think I was the only one lol

On another note, for that Cruze turbo diesel we have, Fleece already makes an emissions delete setup for it. If I ever have emissions related issues with the car I'll be all over that lol. Supposed to add something like 90 lb ft of torque and 60 some horsepower. It'll put the torque in that little car close to 400 lb ft.

I snickered at at the HP vs TQ thing too... and I want to drive a 400 lb ft Cruze.

justin13703

Reaction score
I snickered at at the HP vs TQ thing too... and I want to drive a 400 lb ft Cruze.

Yeah some people think hp is all that matters. And they think that everyone else's needs should be the same as their needs.

Top Bottom