Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Y hp increase

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just last week I went to do a dyno run after having installed the URD Y. Wanted to see what kind if increase it would give me. My last dyno run I had 307rwhp and 391rwtq. On my first run I got 322rwhp and 422 rwtq. Not bad I'd say. Problem was, I had 2 small exhaust leaks going into it, and after that run it went down hill from there. :argh: Needless to say they are fixed now. Now if I could only get Gadget to tune my truck we could see what #'s I'm truley capable of making. Props to URD!:rock:

Also, 1st dyno: DTLT and stock y
2nd dyno: DTLT and URD Y

trd_sport

Reaction score
Wow...thats a huge gain Mark. I think if I buy an x-1 from Gadget he should come to Houston for a weekend....we'll put him to work for sure lol.

Jeremias

Reaction score
Wow I didn't know it would give that kind of increase

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow...thats a huge gain Mark. I think if I buy an x-1 from Gadget he should come to Houston for a weekend....we'll put him to work for sure lol.

I know. Shoot, I am about to the point where I am either going to drive out to where he is, or pay for him to fly down and stay a few days.

Post up a graph man, id like to see the curve.

If my comp were working I would love to. I can try to describe it though. The Hp rises to peak, then gradually curves down a little tappering off. The Torque is about the same. Problem is, that it is running mid 9's AFR under full boost. That with the timing retarded is kinda hurting the performance. I really just need to get a new monitor and it would make things a lot easier.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good numbers, but I'd like to see at what RPMs

No kidding! I was like a little kid in a toy store when I saw those numbers. Then when the exhaust gaskets blew out and I lost 100 ft/lbs of tq. I was like :banghead:.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I threw a y Pipe on my truck about 2 weeks ago and i can tell you with no dyno i felt a power increase when my truck starts making boost...

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Oh yeah... do you know what kind of Dyno it was by chance? I remember there being debate early on in the dyno wars about the different types.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Oh yeah... do you know what kind of Dyno it was by chance? I remember there being debate early on in the dyno wars about the different types.

If it was a Mustang dyno, they do read pretty high. Also, I would be curious too, are both these dyno readings you ahve done on the same dyno?

Super Werty

Reaction score
you lost 100 ft/lbs from a leak? :dontknow:

sweet power gain though!

Top Bottom