Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scangauge Mounted Inside Rear View Mirror

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Finally got it done, since the circuit board is so small on the scangauge its a real PITA soldering all these wires. I kept getting bridged joints but i FINALLY got all my connections made and it actually worked, big relief. I used a homelink mirror and gutted it. Had to have another piece of glass cut for it so i could scratch the backing off for the display. The auto dim mirror is two pieces glued together so there's no way to remove the backing from it. I remote mounted the buttons for the scangauge along the top of the mirror, i used the smallest push buttons radio shack had. I'm not really pleased with them as they feel VERY cheap, may swap them out for something else later on but for now they'll work.

Here's a couple pics, mirror needs to be cleaned but you get the idea.

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

Here's a pic with it off

Picture014-1.jpg

A couple pics i snapped with my blackberry when i was working on all the wiring and mounting in the mirror.

Masked off area before scratching off the mirror backing
IMG00086.jpg

Display attached to the backside
IMG00087.jpg

IMG00088.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

Last edited:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Now, that's what you call a blendmount!:adore::adore::adore:
Big up for innovating.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
wow Steven that looks awesome!!! major props bro:adore::adore::adore:

now how much to do mine :biggrin:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
^^ shhhhhhhh..... that's where i got my idea from. :biggrin:

WickedMon

Reaction score
Very impressive, I'm sure your going to do a write up soon.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Nicely done steven, looks awsome bro.......:rock:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
dang man....where do you guys come up with this stuff? I need to sit in my truck and look for things to do!

Thats an AWESOME mod....

wanna do me one :biggrin:...your wanting a blower...here is a way to get some income toward it!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
when the scangauge gets old.. guess you need a new mirror

morcheez

Reaction score
i heard the scangauge 3 was coming out soon :laugh: ....im just kidding of course...looks good though

x-stealth

Reaction score
Lemme know how much you are charging and i will send mine to you now.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I must say steven, that looked like quite the project...Kudos for being innovative and not being afraid to throw a couple hundred dollars away incase you effed it up :rofl:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I must say steven, that looked like quite the project...Kudos for being innovative and not being afraid to throw a couple hundred dollars away incase you effed it up :rofl:

Thanks! :top:

I've actually been working on this for about two weeks and when my solder joints started bridging i got pissed and just gave up on it and figured i had just trashed my scangauge. I was actually going to send the gauge to Klint and see if his soldering skills could possibly fix my mistakes. I decided to give it another go Saturday night and things were going pretty good once i got my original mess cleaned up. Soldering wick and hot glue FTW :rock

I also had some issues tapping the board for my switches so i emailed scangauge, to my surprise they wrote me back with a in depth explanation of the circuit board.

NixXR462

Reaction score
That is awesome. You have the coolest DIY mods arounds.

Top Bottom