Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help w/XRunner Rear Sway Bar on TRD DC ?

iamrayzian

Reaction score
I saw another TRD Double Cab (Non XRunner) w/Rear XR Sway. I think he said it was a XR Rear Sway. I was wondering if this is possible and will it improve the rear of my truck.

How easy is it to install myself? Where can I get one? Any other brands out there?

Thanks in Advance.
:biggrin:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Hellwig makes a rear sway bar for the Tacoma, though it is smaller then the XR's rear sway - Hellwig: 0.75"; XR: 0.98". You can get the Hellwig one for about $200. Or check out www.alltoyotatrucksuvparts.com and find a used rear sway bar.

Hellwig Part Number: 7671

:top:

Shanes56

Reaction score
Also you can check the Vendor section under Sittin Sic I have a GB up for a set front and rear, but they are even larger than the XR

And install is a snap it is a matter of two nuts and four bolts

RossK35

Reaction score
I looked into using a xr sway bar, but the cost to get all the parts would be more the getting the hellwig one. Reason is you need the bar and all the hardware that goes with it. I ended up getting the hellwig bar
DSC01579.jpg

iamrayzian

Reaction score
^Thanks for the input guys.

I really like the look of it but I can't justify buying it if it doesn't "Function". Does it make a additional difference for a DC TRD (Non XRunner)?

Thanks guys.

Is that the Hellwig pictures above in yellow? Looks real nice! Hows the Sittin Sic Rear Sway Bar?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say go with the SS one. It's beefier than the stock XR one therefore stiffer. Stiffer= less roll. Less roll means it works.:top:

RossK35

Reaction score
^Thanks for the input guys.

I really like the look of it but I can't justify buying it if it doesn't "Function". Does it make a additional difference for a DC TRD (Non XRunner)?

Thanks guys.

Is that the Hellwig pictures above in yellow? Looks real nice! Hows the Sittin Sic Rear Sway Bar?
I noticed a difference when I installed mine. The yellow bar is the x-brace that I installed because I also have a DC like you. The gray bar on the axle is the hellwig bar.

I'd say go with the SS one. It's beefier than the stock XR one therefore stiffer. Stiffer= less roll. Less roll means it works.:top:
Only problem with that is he still would have to get all the hardware to attach it to the truck axle clamps, endlinks, bolts, frame attachment points, so doing that would cost him even more money in the end. Thats the exact reason why I got the hellwig one for $230 shipped to my door.

Last edited:
Top Bottom