Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: S2K (S2000) Antenna #2

Vince77

Reaction score
The only reason I really came up with this is because I couldn't find the bonnet packing used in the original S2K mod, ANYWHERE!

When me and Jeremy (dmbfan73) tried to do his S2K, we accidently pulled the stud out of the rubber mast and had to epoxy it back in. I saw it was just a coil soldered to the stud.

So this is what I did...

I soldered the antenna coil from the original stud, onto what would be the extention bolt.
IMG_0467.jpg

Then bore out the bottom of the rubber mast, to fit over the chrome retainer nut on the antenna base. I just used a utility knife. Also make sure to test fit.
IMG_0470.jpg

I used a 1 1/2" bolt and had to cut about a 1/4" off. (pic was before cut)
IMG_0468.jpg

Then epoxy the bolt into the mast. Any two-part epoxy should work.
IMG_0474.jpg

And here it is...
IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Last edited:

dmbfan73

Reaction score
super clean bro. we're doing this next time we meet! i think you have a secret love affair with plastic fusion.

415XR

Reaction score
nice. i just got 1 of these from han. i guess ill have to get you to help me with this when i see you next.

Vince77

Reaction score
so both of those antennas are yours?

Nah I made one for my home slice, Brett.

nice. i just got 1 of these from han. i guess ill have to get you to help me with this when i see you next.

Cool, sounds like we need to set up a lil mod meet sometime. I'm ready to BBQ again.

I ment to put this in the how-to section, oh well.

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
nice bro! i have a 350z antenna... my man Grumpy made mine looks the same tho!

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
i just did this....mine doesnt sit all the way flat, is there a trick to getting it to go all the way flush to the bottom?

Vince77

Reaction score
i just did this....mine doesnt sit all the way flat, is there a trick to getting it to go all the way flush to the bottom?

You just need to make the bottom of the antenna deep enough to fit over the hump of the antenna base. Use a dremel or razor to shave it down and test fit it as you go. The three little nubs on the outer edge have to be cut out also.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom