Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X Brace for the 09 Tacoma

Ty's taco

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals I'm currently working on turning my 09 prerunner into a larger version of the x runner and wanted to know since I have the tow package with the tow hitch would an x-brace fit as well or does the tow hitch need to be removed. I have seen on another forum that the older xrunners were running both but didn't know about the prerunners. Also if the x-brace will fit does anyone know were I can get one since I can't seem to locate one anywhere. If you have one I will paypal you ASAP and thanks.

trd_sport

Reaction score
have you tried to order one from a dealer? It will depend on the tow hitch as to wether not it fit. Youll also have to weld on some brackets for it to work right on the prerunner.

Ty's taco

Reaction score
I had not seen one on a prerunner and was wondering if any welding had to be done. As for the hitch as I stated it is the OEM that came with the tow package and I'll probably pull it regardless. I makes it look a little cleaner w/o the hitch.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I had not seen one on a prerunner and was wondering if any welding had to be done. As for the hitch as I stated it is the OEM that came with the tow package and I'll probably pull it regardless. I makes it look a little cleaner w/o the hitch.

It will work with the OEM tow hitch. You do also have to weald brackets for the X-Brace. There is no way around that. There is a pre-runner on here that has it on. He did it a couple years ago. He did both the back and front.

Ty's taco

Reaction score
Also I the x brace won't work any other thoughts as to what might work? I'm looking up the JDM's to see if there are anything that they have that might work.

You do also have to weald brackets for the X-Brace.
WOW, this is getting a lot more detailed than just bolting it on but will be worth it in the end. So now the question is can I get the front and rear braces and brackets and do the dealers offer them?

Last edited:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Also I the x brace won't work any other thoughts as to what might work? I'm looking up the JDM's to see if there are anything that they have that might work.

WOW, this is getting a lot more detailed than just bolting it on but will be worth it in the end. So now the question is can I get the front and rear braces and brackets and do the dealers offer them?
yes....djm wont work either to save you some time.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Ummm...the X-Brace will work, but you have to weald those brackets. You could add a rear sway bar. It will make a huge difference, but if you do that and the X Brace, the truck will be stiff and perfect for cornering. Just remember that you're a pre-runner so your not low to the ground like the X-Runners, but it does make a difference.

I'm sure the person will chime in about this to help you out. It is possible.

Ty's taco

Reaction score
Just remember that you're a pre-runner so your not low to the ground like the X-Runners, but it does make a difference.
I'll remember that LOL!! Thanks for the help and I'm really not going to be going balls to the wall around any corners, my traction control freaks out now with just minor cornering and thinks that I'm going to roll it a 35 mph.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Thread moved: XR-Underground » Performance & Mechanical » Chassis » Suspension

RumRunner

Reaction score
If you really want an x-brace and you cant find one.. or one in your price range.. (I dont know if you have access to pipe benders or welders) I would suggest having a fab shop whip you up an x-brace.. the design is reeeeally simple and they could also fab the brackets to either bolt or weld on..

Top Bottom