Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black tail light mod-Update

dmbfan73

Reaction score
so i was working on the black tail light mod today and i noticed something i thought i would bring to everyones attention. the stock tail light lens has a red-ish tint to it. the ones kevin and i finished a few weeks ago came out clear. this was because i had a set of aftermarket ebay tails i wasnt using so we decided to cut them up first. the lenses on them were clear so depending on what tail lights you use, you may have a different look. just thought i would post something incase someone cut up their only set of stock tails and they didnt look the same. here's a pic of the ones we did with the clear lens(left) and the stock tails that i started working on. the lens isnt glued on yet, nor is the black edge painted around the outside. thought you all might to see what they look like after they are cut and why you will need to paint a small trim ring to hide the cut marks. soory for such a long thread. oh, i also painted all of the chrome portions.
DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

xmoney jr

Reaction score
that looks realy good
better than black tint to the plastic

Vince77

Reaction score
Damn that one is REALLY black! It looks sick, just won't be able to see shit when you back up.:laugh:

Did you use one of the tinted stockers you had?

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I´m really digging all black tails. I was planning on going that route as well. Looks sick. Not bad for stock set. Too bad there not led.

dmbfan73

Reaction score
Damn that one is REALLY black! It looks sick, just won't be able to see shit when you back up.:laugh:

Did you use one of the tinted stockers you had?
sure did, i taped off the edge so i could paint the black trim and the tape ended up pulling off the tint...so i cut up one. i might try it with the led tails i have on my truck...

Top Bottom