Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IPT Valve Body

Super Werty

Reaction score
After almost 2 years of Gadget telling me about the VB upgrade, I finally decided it was time.

So today I took it all apart and sent my VB off to IPT in New Jersey.

I took a few pics and they wont really mean anything to the majority of you because its the auto trans we are talking about here. But, here they are for the few members I know that are interested.

This is extremely messy btw, and that is a huge understatment. The trans fluid just keeps coming out the more bolts and pieces you pull off. Hopefully I will remember where everything went. :ahhhhh:

I have to be honest this made me very nervous pulling this apart.:biggrin:

When it is done I will take more pics....before and after video, etc etc. Using Amsoil when I refill:top:

If anyone has a PDF blow out of this trans that I could use as a reference, that would be very helpful:top:

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
Bout time! I was talking to G one nite about ur valve body and also how the shop is here in Jersey!

What kind of auto is it? What's the name I might have it in the PDF I have of complete tear down and rebuild of our trucks with both engines, all trans and troubleshooting too. Think it's a pirated version of Toyota's manuals

is it trans A340E or A750E or A750F?

Gadget

Reaction score
When you go to reinstall it, you have to make sure those three O-rings stay in the top. There is some kind of goop like grease you can use to get them to stick while you lift the VB up.

You may need an extra set of hands for getting those pressure accumulators to stay in while you get the VB into position.

Other than that, it is all pretty simple.

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
She doesnt look too bad at all, no crazy small linkage parts or loose check valves.

Looks like a GM detent design.

hell replace the filter while you are at it.

Super Werty

Reaction score
It's the A750F F is for 4x4

I saw those little black o-rings in the center fall out, grease to hold them sounds like a good idea:top: The smallest spring with the black plastic...thats the one I dont know where it came from...it fell out on its own when I pulled the vb out

Where is the filter?

Also, I read several places about checking the temp of the fluid as I refill, but that sounds bogus to me. Why can't I just put the same amount in that came out? I need to get a little pump to refill it

almost 68K miles on the trans and the fluid looked pretty clean...dark red, but clean, no chunks anywhere:top:

DC29

Reaction score
its that dark grey thing with the hole on the bottom, first thing you see when you popoff the pan,and probably the first thing you took off. order it from partsgeek.com its 65 bucks for the whole filter kit including all o-rings, a new pan gasket. everywhere else ive seen charges $80+ for that filter and its the same exact one.

with the trans cooler our trucks take 11.5 quarts to fill.

i have the A750E

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
its that dark grey thing with the hole on the bottom, first thing you see when you popoff the pan, order it from partsgeek.com its 65 bucks for the whole filter kit including all o-rings, a new pan gasket. everywhere else ive seen charges $80+ for that filter and its the same exact one.

ah I was wondering if that was a filter....

I think I will just keep it though, the fluid was pretty clean, and I dont really have enough time to wait for more shipping:laugh:

I need to get it runnning asap so I can go back to work.:top: Perhaps at 100K+ miles I might go for it

I bought 3 gallons of fluid, so I guess I'm good to go! Thanks!

DC29

Reaction score
yes very useful please load here thanks.

werty- how much does th vb upgrade cost? and what all is involved?

toyota says the filter/oil is good for 100k and that they dont even replace them, they just hit it with the air gun and throw it back in- straight from the techs mouth.

so at the least id do that.

Super Werty

Reaction score
yes very useful please load here thanks.

werty- how much does th vb upgrade cost? and what all is involved?

toyota says the filter/oil is good for 100k and that they dont even replace them, they just hit it with the air gun and throw it back in- straight from the techs mouth.

so at the least id do that.

You dont want to know....$738 plus tax...ouch...I just died a little:laugh::ahhhhh:

You pull out the VB and springs and send it to them...they do something that firms the shifts and allows greater pressure to be applied to the clutches. So Im expecting a nice bump in holding power and faster shifting.

If this doesnt bump me into 12's I will be sad.:laugh:

Tapp

Reaction score
started 2010 off the right way ehh...:smile:

DC29

Reaction score
You dont want to know....$738 plus tax...ouch...I just died a little:laugh::ahhhhh:

You pull out the VB and springs and send it to them...they do something that firms the shifts and allows greater pressure to be applied to the clutches. So Im expecting a nice bump in holding power and faster shifting.

If this doesnt bump me into 12's I will be sad.:laugh:

did they say what they do exactly? like stiffer springs and making the passages bigger or something?

do you know of any aftermarket performance torque converters for our trucks? that also might be something to look into.

if your not in the 12's i think we'll all be sad considering you have almost everything you could possibly do to your truck done already.

Super Werty

Reaction score
very cool thanks man

do you have a pdf showing those springs above the VB?

did they say what they do exactly? like stiffer springs and making the passages bigger or something?

do you know of any aftermarket performance torque converters for our trucks? that also might be something to look into.

if your not in the 12's i think we'll all be sad considering you have almost everything you could possibly do to your truck done already.

I honestly dont understand what they do. Gadget might be able to give you the more technical explanation. Or you could call IPT.

They make custom converters and custom stall's too.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
very cool thanks man

do you have a pdf showing those springs above the VB?

I have the PDF that shows everything there is to know about tearing down and rebuilding any Taco with all the Torque specs and part #'s .......................but no trans entire breakdown:thumpdown:

I cant find where that spring goes! I looked everywhere but for some reason theres no break down of the entire trans. i have the entire break down for our motors and it shows u how to check clearences in the entire engine but cant find the spring

Last edited:

gtmoy

Reaction score
They'll send you a little SOLO cup of blue 'vasoline' to use.

The ghetto fab way of getting the right measurement temperature is to:
Jump ODB pins 4 & 13

Start vehicle
Shift btwn N and D every 1.5 seconds for 6 seconds.

Once that's done, once the fluid is up to temp, the A/T temp light will come on. If it's too hot, it will start to flash.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ileaf/06toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/rm2006ta/02800210.pdf

I don't remember exactly, but it was 8-10 qts to refill.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I have the PDF that shows everything there is to know about tearing down and rebuilding any Taco with all the Torque specs and part #'s

The part I'm looking for is the pressure accumulators...you see them in my last picture...the springs. I need to know exactly how those go in... especially the last one on the right...That one fell out on its own, so I didnt see it before it fell

Top Bottom