Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bigger long tube headers!

RossK35

Reaction score
I'm very curious about the increase over the current dt's for our trucks.

Murderface

Reaction score
Damn them for not making these before I bought the ones I have now:thumpdown:

Anyone need a set of ceramic coated long tubes version 1.0?

Roxspin72

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going this route also;

Were you running the original long tubes? If so please post your before and after feedback. Sound, gains, ease of installation. I am willing to get these if they will have some benefit over the original, since I am gunna be F/I come Aug.

Thanks.

WallasX

Reaction score
im ready to order now :rock:
i wonder how much more of a increase these will have?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I would like to see the flow difference, but if any body wants to get rid of there first gen long tubes just give me a shout.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Were you running the original long tubes? If so please post your before and after feedback. Sound, gains, ease of installation. I am willing to get these if they will have some benefit over the original, since I am gunna be F/I come Aug.

Thanks.

Yes I have had the version 1 since they came out, so I will post my new results. I may be able to show very accurate 1/4 mile results too as my truck is very consistent.:top:

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Last time I ordered over the internet from urd, the urd exhaust I ordered was out of stock. So I called him last Wednesday to order my headers to make sure they were in stock. It was a good thing he did cause he said he was sending me the new fj dtlts. Like you guys already found out they fit on our truck and Gadget told me they should give an extra 3-4 hp over the original dtlts. They were in Portland Oregon this morning and she be in Tacoma Washington sometime tomorrow. I'm excited to get them on!:rock:

SX TOY

Reaction score
this could be a good time to port match these to your block

Gadget

Reaction score
3-4 RWHP gain over the originals are for a n/a vehicle. The supercharged one is a good bit more.

I think Lozon posted some differential results a while ago when he was selling his set of larger tube-long tubes.

G

Dirty

Reaction score
wait a second...theyre obviously shinier. but whats the difference exactly? larger diameter? smoother flow?

i have the original dtlt about to be installed on my truck and im now wondering if i should go this route?

mrguy33391

Reaction score
That still sounds good for my n/a truck. Unfortunately I did the responsible thing and paid off a credit card instead of getting one of the sc's. I've heard besides the x-1 this headers open up an n/a truck a good deal.

RossK35

Reaction score
3-4 RWHP gain over the originals are for a n/a vehicle. The supercharged one is a good bit more.

I think Lozon posted some differential results a while ago when he was selling his set of larger tube-long tubes.

G
This is taken from his thread
Custom Doug Thorley Headers-

Ok, i tried to contact DT about these. my truck was a test mule for these headers. they are the standard long tubes, but they are oversized for a boosted application. the runners are 1 1 5/8 inch, i forget what the regulars are. starting with the regular long tubes and urd catback i put down 292 rwhp. i swapped the headers, and installed the urd pulley and hit 343. i would guess the headers were worth about 15 rwhp over the other headers.

they were never coated. i painted them with header paint, but it flaked out. structurally ok. they did slightly rub on the steering, but i cured that with a small dent in the one runner.

anyone boosted who wants another 15rwhp, here you go.

p.s, if DT does get in contact with me before they are sold, they might want them. i sent out a pm awhile ago and no response.

asking 245 bucks plus shipping.

1255150400.jpg
[/IMG]

1255150388.jpg
[/IMG]

1255150208.jpg
[/IMG]

Super Werty

Reaction score
ok hold on, that 51 hp with new headers and urd pulley.....and we know that ntinhri made about 20 rwhp from just the URD pulley alone....so thats potentially a 30hp gain over the originals? assuming dyno's between that guy and ntinhri were similar...

Thats insane!

dwntwnall4u

Reaction score
Have some used originals but never installed them, now for sale. The new -1 do not hit the steering. Though must be dis-connected to install them.

Top Bottom