Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WOOT WOOT! Soo much WIN!

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
So I purchased some JBA shorty's about 2-3 months ago and just had them installed along with Magnaflow high flow CATs, thanks to the added aid of Torspd :biggrin::wink: and the guys at PowerFab for the awesome welding. I got my truck back Monday evening, then on Tuesday night the JBA cat-back exhaust I had ordered the previous week came in, so that's how my evening was spent... (Sorry for the neglect babe) Lol :laugh:
Anyway here's some pics of the headers with the CATs, kinda hard to see but some should notice something a little different than the standard header to CAT weld... The rest are the exhaust... WOOT WOOT!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::crinklehair:

Sorry for the different sized photos, some are from my cam and others from Torspds.
exhaust18.jpg

exhaust17.jpg

Workin on gettin the old one out, the guy who welded on the Magnaflow muffler jimmy rigged some retarded connectors on there that made removal without cutting a bit*h!
fromphonecamera231.jpg

Sooo... I found a bigger hammer.... Thus.. out with the old! Lol
fromphonecamera240.jpg

in with the new :biggrin: oooh shiney.... Lol
fromphonecamera228.jpg

fromphonecamera229.jpg

The install
exhaust16.jpg

exhaust15.jpg

Header pipe in
exhaust9.jpg

exhaust7.jpg

exhaust8.jpg

exhaust11.jpg

exhaust6.jpg

I can feel the added POWAAAA :rockon::rockon::rockon: hehehe
Final step for this is to take it back to PowerFab to have them tig weld the 3 connecting spots on the cat-back and im good to go! :biggrin:

Last edited:

xrgilly

Reaction score
i must say its very nice to see a girl workin on her truck props to you

Murderface

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchases/install!
Do the cats to header use some sort of clamp? Like a turbo setup? Cant think of the name but I know Marc knows

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
nice.. hope to do the same soon!! :top:

Yep i'm loving it! I grew up around muscle cars though so I don't think it'll ever be loud enough :laugh: It has more of a deep "throaty" pitch... Shoulda been my first mods! Well... closer to the beginning.... Lol :laugh:

i must say its very nice to see a girl workin on her truck props to you

Thanks, I have issues with other people working on my stuff :laugh:

Congrats on the purchases/install!
Do the cats to header use some sort of clamp? Like a turbo setup? Cant think of the name but I know Marc knows

Ya there V-Band clamps. Once I get another piece made it'll make removal and install of CAT's (for emissions) a piece of cake. Then remove them the rest of the time :crinklehair:

Last edited:

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Just what you needed mo powaaah...lol
Lookin' good chick...:top:

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Just what you needed mo powaaah...lol
Lookin' good chick...:top:

Lol.. Hey hey now what's that supposed to mean Derrick?! I do need mo powaah! It's these damn Toyota accelerator pedals sticking, not me! :laugh:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Nice purchase and install, now where's the sound clip. Keep up the good work

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Nice purchase and install, now where's the sound clip. Keep up the good work

Mark took a video on his phone when I started it up cuz mine was dead. I'll have to get it to upload when he gets home. Or just go get a 40-90 Video and kill two birds with one stone. :laugh: Hmmm.... I do need to dust off the GoPro...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Britt is definitely a hands on type woman.....Hehe, as seen by the pics. The coolest part of the header install, like Britt mentioned, is that the cats are now easily removable, so that test pipes can be installed. Once we have some made of course. Then even MO POWA! Woot! With the headers and cat back, from the passenger seat, it was noticeable increase to me as well.

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Nice work and congrats Ms Britt.. nice to see you wrenchin again, yeah like D said you with more power :ahhhhh::laugh:... Get out of your way now..

Looks nice to see them on your truck instead of sittin on your "Kennel" :eviltongue:

Dekar12

Reaction score
Awesome, I love that you all take so many pictures of everything. I do much better looking at those then reading stuff. ><

But anyway that is really awesome, how much better flowing are those cats over our cats that we have installed from factory?

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Awesome, I love that you all take so many pictures of everything. I do much better looking at those then reading stuff. ><

But anyway that is really awesome, how much better flowing are those cats over our cats that we have installed from factory?

Haha you and me both on the pictures...

As far as specs between the two i'm not sure. I believe the stock were a stainless steel metal with a ceramic honeycomb catalyst, where as these ones had a metal catalyst.. Which is good and bad, its much less restrictive and lighter than the ceramic so it provides for better performance but most times won't pass CA emissions. (Where my truck is currently registered). Then again what will... Lol :laugh:

Nice work and congrats Ms Britt.. nice to see you wrenchin again, yeah like D said you with more power :ahhhhh::laugh:... Get out of your way now..

Looks nice to see them on your truck instead of sittin on your "Kennel" :eviltongue:

Lol hehehe....
Yes, on the "kennel" not the table... :laugh: I woulda gone crazy with them being more plain site than they already were... Kitchen wasn't used often, just made sense... Lol

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They flow better than stock due to obvuios design differences. These create a better scavenging effect for the exhaust, than the stock log style. That combined with the high flow cats should net around 8 hp. Combined with her new JBA catback, she should be around 15 +/- extra whp. Only way to know is to dyno that bad boy again. :biggrin:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new mods! :top:

One of these days I'll get shorties & high-flow cats as well!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There is one other really good thing that I like 10 fold, over the Doug Thorley's. It is that the AFR sensor is in the collector and not in just one primary. Gets a better reading, and safer.

As far as what we did here though, all be warned. I wanted it done right, and the best way possible. In turn, that means that we paid a pretty penny for the work. This setup is far more expensive than Doug Thorley's. The shorties with the Titanium ceramic coat, was something over $350. Cats were $100 each. V Band flanges were $150 total. Then labor was 4 hours at $100 an hour. You do the math.

I wasn't getting anything less though, for my girl. Doing it as right as possible, and on the first time. I didn't want just any shop MIG welding it up either. Had to be TIG'd, and had to be done by pros. Worth every cent and the wait!

Grumpy

Reaction score
....getting it done leak-free the first time = priceless

You need to hook Britt-nay up with coverall. :rockon:

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Correction... I bought the JBAs at over 400 and the cat-back at around 300

....getting it done leak-free the first time = priceless

You need to hook Britt-nay up with coverall. :rockon:

Lol what?! You of all people aren't digging the Jean/flip flop look?! Hahaha!
Yep now I just gotta call them to get the cat-back welded so there aren't any leaks back there either.. Feels pretty damn good though Grumpy :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom