Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEW TRD intake, MAF cal tune ready!!

Gadget

Reaction score
I tuned another NEW style TRD intake today.

Now that I have tuned a few of them now I can say they are all equally messed up with the level of induced MAF sensor error.

So, if any of you with the new TRD intake want a MAF cal we have a map we can preload into it for you.

G

butters607

Reaction score
My thing is why re invent the wheel if it worked right the first time why not just make up different mounting solutions??????

Gadget

Reaction score
The issue for TRD is that it is not a legal intake system and it was being sold through the Toyota dealers.

I met with the owner and the VP of aFe and they where working hard on a carbon trap solution so that the intake could be CARB certified, but I guess they never pulled it off and K&N got the contract.

What K&N did is pretty much copy the intake for the new 2010 FJ and 4Runner. It uses the very same filter size and carbon trap and looks very much the same. Where they went wrong is they did not size the tubing properly for the MAF sensor and it jacks up the calibration. It has been jacked up for a good while and it appears they are not going to be fixing it, which is good. URD can fix it like we have fixed many TRD products in the past.

FYI, it looks like the only intake on the market that will fit the 2012 V6 is the URD TCAI.

G

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Another awesome achievement from URD. way to go Gadget congrats!!!!! Keep it comin.

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
I want an intake so bad for my 2012, but I want the maf Cal too, how long before the pnp harness?

2012TxNinja

Reaction score
I shortened my k&n tube three inches to fit and to compensate for the tbs. Added a filter wrap since I couldnt re use the shield. Now im just waiting on a new diagram for the maf cal.... Thinking about the URD intake as well..decisions decisions

Top Bottom