XR-Underground » XR-Underground.com » New to the Underground » NEW to XRU from Tacoma World

New to the Underground Tell us about you and your ride!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:59 PM
jarhead0313 Offline
New XRU Member

iTrader Rating: 0
2012 Taco Dbl Cab TRD Sport(auto)
Mods: TRD SC, URD SC pulley, NST lite crank pulley,URD TCAI, DTLT headers, URD Y-pipe,URD fuel pump upgrade, TRD CAT BACK, FPR MOD
NEW to XRU from Tacoma World

So I am new to xru but have been on tacoma world for a few months. As soon as I joined tacoma world I started to get the mod bug...as time progressed I have been leaning to performance mods. I love my truck! I have always been a chevy guy before I purchased my first toyota in july. Since then I have put a trd blower on, DTLT headers, URD tcai, URD smaller SC pulley, URD fuel pump upgrade, URD Y-pipe, TRD catback , fpr mod, plx boost and afr gauges,and just had a bad experience with unishit(unichip). I am constantly grilling Torspd over on Tacoma world and he has helped me out a ton. He is always putting up hyperlinks to post over here so I thought I would save him some time and Join here on xru.
I have had a couple dyno's and looks like I am stuck at 313 rwhp and 322 torque. I am looking for suggestions to increase those #'s safely without new rods,pistons ext. Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Toon714 Offline
XRU Overdosed

2010 Front Mount Turbo Prerunner / 98 240sx kouki and 96 zenki
Mods: @ <----- Garret Turbo, ProEFI tuned, Injector Dynamic, TiAL Sport, Vibrant Performance, Tomei, QTP Cutout, Aeroturbine, Magnaflow, IPT valve body upgrade, WORK Wheels, Nitto Tires.
Welcome to the forum.
Ur making the same.numbers as most trd s/c.
U might be able to get it up to 340-350hp with a real tuner like the ucon, aem or proefi.
I think the highest trd sc dyno sheet I saw was 340-350.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
dramad1 Offline
XRU Overdosed

iTrader Rating: 3
2008, BSP
Mods: de-badged | ucon ems w/gears and t stat | trd sc | urd fuel pump kit | urd 3" cbe | afe stage 2 cai | jba lt's | qa1's | ss street drop | xii sways | urd ss | coupe shift ball | coupe narrow bridge | coupe afe cover | coupe door sills | coupe oil pan guard | stubby ant | night vision 6k projectors | bsp sleepy eyelids | grill craft upper | yellow jdm fogs | weather tech digi blk floor liners | weather tech window skirts | avh 8400 | swr10d4 | image dynamics 6.5 components and 6.5 coax rears | mrx110&f65 | parrot blue tooth | blked out interior |
Welcome to the forum. Nice mod list. I didn't see a y pipe in there, may help w/ a few more hp. The ucon as well. Maybe a snakebite kit. Just a few ideas.
Welcome to xru!!

Edit. Oops just seen you have the y pipe.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM
autobodyX Offline
6th Gear Member

2006 RR sold it, 2009 SWB
Mods: TRD sc, stealth pulley, Coupe modded TRD ss, twelve coils and sway bars, DJM 3/4 drop with notch, Stoptech BBk, Tundra racing rear conversion, Drilled & slotted rotors, E-fan, URD approved oil cooler, AFE intake,Daug Thorley long tubes and URD compition y-pipe, magnaflow, FPR mod, AFE intake,Coupe shift knob weighted, QA1 rear shocks, MT 90 redline in trans, Detroit Trutrac with redline heavy duty shock proof gear lube.Hood scoop delete,stage 3.5 clutch with accumulator delete,VIR tested bump steer kit.
The auto trans is holding you back some. Call up the G-man and see about one of his map-ecu3 controlers.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
TommyXrunner Offline
XRU Junkie

2006 Speedway Blue
Mods: Too many MOD's to list.....
sounds like you're gonna want urd's new 2.55" pulley......

you could also upgrade your exhaust to a 3" catback and reduce some more back pressure
Old 11-23-2012, 11:58 PM
jarhead0313 Offline
New XRU Member

Mods: TRD SC, URD SC pulley, NST lite crank pulley,URD TCAI, DTLT headers, URD Y-pipe,URD fuel pump upgrade, TRD CAT BACK, FPR MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramad1 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Nice mod list. I didn't see a y pipe in there, may help w/ a few more hp. The ucon as well. Maybe a snakebite kit. Just a few ideas.
Welcome to xru!!

Edit. Oops just seen you have the y pipe.
Snakebit kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyXrunner View Post
sounds like you're gonna want urd's new 2.55" pulley......

you could also upgrade your exhaust to a 3" catback and reduce some more back pressure
I thoght about doing that, I always wanted an extra half inch... you think it would make much difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobodyX View Post
The auto trans is holding you back some. Call up the G-man and see about one of his map-ecu3 controlers.
If I was going to do that shouldn't I just go the route of the ucon, since either one is not plug and play for my 2012?

Last edited by jarhead0313; 11-23-2012 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 AM
TommyXrunner Offline
XRU Junkie

2006 Speedway Blue
Mods: Too many MOD's to list.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post
Snakebit kit?

I thoght about doing that, I always wanted an extra half inch... you think it would make much difference?
i think you'd be seeing roughly 2-2.5 more psi than the 2.825 pulley and 20-30 more hp but knowone really knows until gadget tests it out
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 AM
jarhead0313 Offline
New XRU Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyXrunner View Post
i think you'd be seeing roughly 2-2.5 more psi than the 2.825 pulley and 20-30 more hp but knowone really knows until gadget tests it out
I was acually refering to the URD catback witch i believe is 3" where as the trd is 2.5". As far as the pulley goes I posted up on his thread that I would volenteer to have it put on my truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon714 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Ur making the same.numbers as most trd s/c.
U might be able to get it up to 340-350hp with a real tuner like the ucon, aem or proefi.
I think the highest trd sc dyno sheet I saw was 340-350.
340 rwhp is my goal, Torspd thinks that I am not seeing highter #'s because I have an auto and the new exhaust recirc system on 12's. I wich the plug and play was out for the 09+

Last edited by jarhead0313; 11-24-2012 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-24-2012, 12:32 AM
sdxrunner619 Offline

"Resident Drifter"

iTrader Rating: 1
2005 SWB Drift truck
Mods: Engine; LS2, lth, 3" ypipe, 3" resi, cai | Drivetrain; GTO t-56, Monster stg 3 clutch, MGW ss, welded diff, URD tb | Suspension; quick steer knuckles, XII coil overs, QA-1's, 3" steel leafs | Brakes; 355 Rotora BBK, TR rear disk conversion w/ Hydro, adj proportion valve | Wheels; 18x9/10Cobra KO's | Chassis; a/c delete, + stage XXXXI weight reduction. Zip-Ties...everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post

340 rwhp is my goal, Torspd thinks that I am not seeing highter #'s because I have an auto and the new exhaust recirc system on 12's. I wich the plug and play was out for the 09+

The air injection system you speak of only runs for approx 45 seconds during cold startup. It doesnt recirc the gas like EGR does (which would only run during VERY light load condtions, i.e cruising), if you had it. Autotrans can sap some power, but what you are making isnt bad for untuned.

Your numbers are respectable. I made 320/330 on shitty Cali gas with similar mods to you. Depending on what your AFR's are like, you could throw on a 2.7 pulley and gain few more ponies, but you wont be able to truly take advantage of it with out tuning for it.
"It's sad because it's the American way of living, the new car, the new house, the new bike...its not the pride of ownership... its the pride of learning, the pride of building, the pride of creating something."
~Because Drift Truck~
Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 AM
jarhead0313 Offline
New XRU Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdxrunner619 View Post
The air injection system you speak of only runs for approx 45 seconds during cold startup. It doesnt recirc the gas like EGR does (which would only run during VERY light load condtions, i.e cruising), if you had it. Autotrans can sap some power, but what you are making isnt bad for untuned.

Your numbers are respectable. I made 320/330 on shitty Cali gas with similar mods to you. Depending on what your AFR's are like, you could throw on a 2.7 pulley and gain few more ponies, but you wont be able to truly take advantage of it with out tuning for it.
Thanks for the input. Guess I will just have to be patient and wait for the ucon and maybe the new pulley Gaget is working on.
What is the snakebite kit?