Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XII and DJM combo questions?

Darkside-X

Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to the underground as of few days ago and got some questions about lowering my xru. So i want the handling of xii with height of djm 3/3. So what i want is djm arms in front and pretty much the whole track ready plus kit from xii except no lowering springs in front or stock height sport springs. I have 1" blocks at home to give me 3" in rear with xii leafs. Is this all possible? And only having 18k miles, do you think stock height sport springs will benefit me? And last, 3" rear cutting off bump stop brackets with low pro and QA1s ok without notch? Sorry for all the stuff, just trying to order everything this week. Thanks everyone.

UPDATED WITH MY COMPLETE SET UP ON PAGE 5 WITH PICTURE:

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
Buck and Amy's truck from XII performance is lower than mine that has the DJM 3/4 drop. IMO

BondXII

Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to the underground as of few days ago and got some questions about lowering my xru. So i want the handling of xii with height of djm 3/3. So what i want is djm arms in front and pretty much the whole track ready plus kit from xii except no lowering springs in front or stock height sport springs. I have 1" blocks at home to give me 3" in rear with xii leafs. Is this all possible? And only having 18k miles, do you think stock height sport springs will benefit me? And last, 3" rear cutting off bump stop brackets with low pro and QA1s ok without notch? Sorry for all the stuff, just trying to order everything this week. Thanks everyone.

- Been seeing more and more of you guys doing these "hybrid" suspensions. Pretty neat to see you guys thinking outside of the box to get want you want out of your X.

- for better springs in the front, we have stock hieght, high rate coils...or go for the coilovers to add the extra performance of adjustable shocks in the front.

- for the rear you can get 3" drop springs from us now. Not sure about the notch/no-notch part though. There is probably less than an inch of compression left if you do not notch (even with cutting out the bumpstop bracket).

Buck and Amy's truck from XII performance is lower than mine that has the DJM 3/4 drop. IMO

Didn't really pay attention to the difference at VIR. LOL. Had the coilovers just about as low as they go. Any pictures of the two us next to each other? You also have to consider that the spacers Sean had made may not have exactualy made the difference.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing. If I was you I would go with the coilovers and djm cuz stock shocks sucks! I purchased the coilover and was going to purchase the djm, now im trying to sell my X...so my project came to a sudden stop. :p Do the job once not twice!

Darkside-X

Reaction score
Really appreciate the feedback everyone. I'm not a big fan of blocks so i would like the 3 inch leafs. Are they the same load capacity as stock? steel? I would like the coil overs also but that's big chunk of change for doing both kits. Trying to find a shop here to weld a notch in. Is there legal issues or insurance issues with cutting the frame? I'm in Texas.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Some insurance will have an issue with the notch, it's consider frame damage. What they don't know won't hurt them, if you get in an accident, you may have issues.

Mr.X

Reaction score
I have djm arms with stock hight springs and the mono leafs plus block for a 3/4 drop (and a notch) with stock rear shocks I didn't need the qa1 bc with the mono leaf+block it's stiff enough

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
I have djm 3/4 and the truck is low enough. I scrape and rub on everything w stock wheels. Only would get XII stock spring wouldn't go any lower

Darkside-X

Reaction score
I have djm 3/4 and the truck is low enough. I scrape and rub on everything w stock wheels. Only would get XII stock spring wouldn't go any lower

I don't plan on going any lower then 3 in front and 3 in rear. I was thinking of the coil overs just for the fine tuning and probably better handling with them. It says they do go from stock height down to 2 inches I believe. Do your tires rub in the wheel wells at all at 3 in front? No alignment issues with the DJM arms correct?

Darkside-X

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing. If I was you I would go with the coilovers and djm cuz stock shocks sucks! I purchased the coilover and was going to purchase the djm, now im trying to sell my X...so my project came to a sudden stop. :p Do the job once not twice!

I'm guessing you have the coilovers on the truck and not willing to part with them?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Stock tires wont rub with djm, you should have no alignment issues

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Another option is to install 4x4 leaf spring which provides 1" drop plus 2" block

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Another option is to install 4x4 leaf spring which provides 1" drop plus 2" block

From what I researched, yet he 4x4 springs have a lower spring rate then the stock XRs, QA1's will be a must.

Darkside-X

Reaction score

I didn't know that about the 4x4 leafs, but I'm trying to stay away from blocks as much as possible with 3 inch drop leafs, or 2 inch leafs with 1 inch blocks i have sitting at home already.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
All the drop leafs give tou a 2 inch drop there aren't any with 3.

Darkside-X

Reaction score
- Been seeing more and more of you guys doing these "hybrid" suspensions. Pretty neat to see you guys thinking outside of the box to get want you want out of your X.

- for better springs in the front, we have stock hieght, high rate coils...or go for the coilovers to add the extra performance of adjustable shocks in the front.

- for the rear you can get 3" drop springs from us now. Not sure about the notch/no-notch part though. There is probably less than an inch of compression left if you do not notch (even with cutting out the bumpstop bracket).

Didn't really pay attention to the difference at VIR. LOL. Had the coilovers just about as low as they go. Any pictures of the two us next to each other? You also have to consider that the spacers Sean had made may not have exactualy made the difference.

Thanks. PM Sent :top:

Darkside-X

Reaction score
Anyone have any comments on the composite vs steel leafs? Pros and cons?

ezjam

Reaction score
I have 1.5 in front and 2.5 in back. Sits level. Love it.

Top Bottom